Things I never want to see or hear on another metal album again.

No more shitty production especially common with the European bands. It's usually too thin, punchless, snare drums are almost inaudible, and put the vocals up in the mix. The vocals almost always seem to be mixed as loud as the music. Struggling to hear the vocals is so fucking annoying! Case in point, PRIMAL FEAR's new album sounds like total shit. Bring back the big fat sound of the previous albums. Horrible production should never happen in this day and age.

Kenneth R. said:
more words to be banned: heart, dreams, soul, frozen, cold, frost, did we cover dark and night yet? :lol:

The beating essence that keeps me alive, even in my nightly visions, is driven by my very spirit, which is forever solid from the frigid, post-sun opaque world that I dwell in.

See originality!! >_>

biggs0072000 said:
How about just no more Metallica? I'm honestly scared that if you open the new album once it's released, it will release a black hole, and suck your soul inside.
I'll give them one last chance (since the Black Album is been all downhill). After I lost all hope, they kicked Bob Rock to the curve. Finally. Rick Rubin has a huge challange in front of him. I hope it works out and that the Metallica we all knew could be back with a vengeance.

Cheiron said:
The beating essence that keeps me alive, even in my nightly visions, is driven by my very spirit, which is forever solid from the frigid, post-sun opaque world that I dwell in.

See originality!! >_>
:lol: :headbang:

Band names which try to be tough. Gore-(anything), Corpse-(anything), Dark-(anything) Flaming-(anything).

Steel is acceptable. also if a band wanted to be called Dark Green, that would be sweet.

No more songs about "heavy metal" itself--being self-referential is just cheesy and smacks of desperation. Just who do they think they're going to convert to the cause? The people already listening? :Smug:

:Smokin:

Anything referencing once being blind but now being able to see, or in anyway reversing that statement.

Please bury the ever-popular metal gallup guitar riff. For shits sake, write something else. Maiden did it enough for one lifetime.

Oh and drummers standing up and hitting their sticks together constantly.

How about listening to some Aussie Prog bands such as Alchemist? Eternal? Virgin Black? Entertwilight?
I'm pretty sure these bands don't use cliches...
Eternal are supporting Opeth.

woosta said:
No more albums where it's the same blast beat the whole way through (yes, Death metal, I'm talking to you here)
Listen to Napalm Death (godfathers of grindcore), Obituary, definately Atheist will blow your mind. I tell ya' I wasn't that much into death metal but some of this bands changed my perception regarding this genre. :headbang:

No more galctic caveman warriors something whatever wardrobes. I really like Lost Horizon's music, but the dresscode has to go.

No more:

... opening songs or albums like you're trying to fool us into thinking we just turned on Slaughter of the Soul album. You know, that little guitar riff, stop, "GO!", and then you thrash into the song.

... covering half your body in tattoos, including your arms, and then deciding you want to wear eyeliner, black nail polish, and tons of shit in your hair.

... bands where less than half the members have long hair. Go on. Name some good bands that break this rule.

... albums with all of your verses using "extreme" vocals, and all of your choruses using "singing" vocals.

Follow these three simple rules and metalcore disappears.

Here are some other rules for everybody else:

Make sure your album passes the "three second test." Anybody skipping through your album, listening to just the first three seconds of every song, should be able to tell the difference between many of the songs. From just three seconds. You don't know how many albums I never bothered listening to because they utterly failed the three second test.

If there's a band name on the marquee, then we don't want the entire band to take a break while one member shows off on his instrument. If you're seeing Yngwie Malmsteen perform, you know he's going to shred for extended periods of time while making kissy faces at the crowd. If you're seeing Gamma Ray, there is no excuse for Dan Zimmerman banging away on his drums for five minutes by himself.

Never, and I mean NEVER, rhyme "space trip" and "space ship." A certain ProgPower headliner did that on *two* consecutive albums I bought with him on it, and I've never spent money on him since.

Jim LotFP said:
No more:
... covering half your body in tattoos, including your arms, and then deciding you want to wear eyeliner, black nail polish, and tons of shit in your hair.
Sounds like you got something against Alexi Laiho. :lol: Check him out in Revolver this month. :zombie:

Never, and I mean NEVER, rhyme "space trip" and "space ship." A certain ProgPower headliner did that on *two* consecutive albums I bought with him on it, and I've never spent money on him since.
Damn you! Now I'm going to spend way too much time trying to figure that out! o_O :lol:

I have never been fond of ballads. The straight up, recycled formula kind. You know, the album's kicking ass all over the place, you're pumped and all of a sudden it grinds to a halt and you get a little guitar riff and the vocalist siging some sappy song about how his chick left him. There ARE good ballads, but damn few. If you gotta do that, put it on the end of the cd so I don't wreck my car trying to skip the track while driving.

I could really go without ever hearing The Writing on the Wall or the Mirror Never Lies lyrics again...They seemed to be used alot

Bear