Things I never want to see or hear on another metal album again.

Jim LotFP said:
No more:

... bands where less than half the members have long hair. Go on. Name some good bands that break this rule.

... albums with all of your verses using "extreme" vocals, and all of your choruses using "singing" vocals.

I'm sorry, these have nothing to do with Metalcore.

Kenneth R. said:
ENOUGH dark, black, darkness, night, blackness, satan, did i say black and darkness yet?

I totally agree dude! I know some of that stuff has it's place, but it gets a little old after awhile. We need one more song with some sort of a reference to hell in it! :rolleyes:

Jim LotFP said:
No more:

... bands where less than half the members have long hair. Go on. Name some good bands that break this rule.

Mercenary, Dream Theater, Riverside, Threshold, Devin Townsend Band, Rage...

To beat my personal dead horse -
Heavy metal bands being described as "goth," usually because the band features a female singer and/or symphonic music.

Also, a general moratorium on covers of Britney Spears songs. They weren't good songs to begin with and she's such an obvious target that any irony in covering her songs has long since faded.

Wings. Flying. Crawling.

come on. left foot. right foot. walking is okay. you can do it. we don't need to hear about how you learned to fly because if i hear another song with that as a lyric i'm getting out a shotgun and playing duckhunt.

Kenneth R. said:
Wings. Flying. Crawling.

come on. left foot. right foot. walking is okay. you can do it. we don't need to hear about how you learned to fly because if i hear another song with that as a lyric i'm getting out a shotgun and playing duckhunt.

Yeah, but if you learn how to fly, it's pretty damn cool.

Ok, so let me get this straight.
Metal bands should not sing about:
dark, black, darkness, night, blackness, satan,heart, dreams, soul, frozen, cold, frost, fires and flames, galctic caveman warriors something whatever wardrobes, The Writing on the Wall or the Mirror Never Lies, my life sucks i want to die, anything referencing once being blind but now being able to see, or in anyway reversing that statement, or Led Zeppelin references, and of course, the beating essence that keeps me alive, even in my nightly visions, is driven by my very spirit, which is forever solid from the frigid, post-sun opaque world that I dwell in.

(yes, I copied and pasted. I have no life. :p )

Soooooo, what the fuck do you want them to sing about? My dog ate my homework, drank my beer, screwed my wife and took my truck to Atlanta? Sounds a little too country to me. Give me dragons and wolves. Metal needs more of that! :headbang: :lol:

AMBR said:
Give me dragons and wolves.

Agreed. Just because those themes have been overdone badly doesn't meant that they are completely unsuable...it's just a matter of using them as archetypes instead of cliches ;)

Things I never wanna see at the ProgPower forum again...

A thread that's called "Things I never want to see or hear on another metal album again"

AngraRULES said:
Things I never wanna see at the ProgPower forum again...

A thread that's called "Things I never want to see or hear on another metal album again"
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo