Things I never want to see or hear on another metal album again.

Kenneth R. said:
and you disregard Riverside, Devin, and Threshold? :zombie:

Devin's solo band dropped off considerably after Terria (and I haven't been too hot on SYL's last two either).

Threshold isn't too hot. Not particularly metal from the three or four albums I've heard.

Is Riverside a metal band? I haven't heard them but everything I've read about them says prog rock, which is outside the realm of this thread.

dargormudshark said:
Riverside isn't metal, and Threshold is pushing the borderline

You can make an argument that Second Life Syndrome is a progmetal album at least more so than the debut. But it can go either way really:loco:

meh, with a couple of the replies to this thread i should have figured it'd swing this way.

edit: oh, and another thing.

I NEVER, EVER, EVER want to hear another song about 9/11 EVER again. Its effing over. cry me a river, build a bridge, cross it, burn it, and effing get over it.

Kenneth R. said:
I NEVER, EVER, EVER want to hear another song about 9/11 EVER again. Its effing over. cry me a river, build a bridge, cross it, burn it, and effing get over it.

Just because people shouldn't write 9/11 songs doesn't mean that people should forget the attacks. Bipartisan politics aside, this incident is still in many people's hearts. With so many casualties, there are people all over the US who lost friends/family members in the terrorist attack. So while I do agree that 9/11 songs should not be written (When the Eagle Cries anyone?), the incident itself should not be forgotten.

Beyond that, all the omissions suggested can be worked succesfully by a talented band. I guess its just that the overwealming amount of bands that don't pull off the subject matter is far greater than those bands that actually can write a good song about dragons, or darkness to name a couple.

:headbang:

BlindPanzer said:
Just because people shouldn't write 9/11 songs doesn't mean that people should forget the attacks. Bipartisan politics aside, this incident is still in many people's hearts. With so many casualties, there are people all over the US who lost friends/family members in the terrorist attack. So while I do agree that 9/11 songs should not be written (When the Eagle Cries anyone?), the incident itself should not be forgotten.

Listen...Time to move on, alright?
There has been much worse tragedies in the whole world, but apparently you only think and remember of 9/11. Gimme a fucking break!

Kenneth R. said:
meh, with a couple of the replies to this thread i should have figured it'd swing this way.

edit: oh, and another thing.

I'm not familiar with the word effing, maybe you meant FUCKING :Smug:

AngraRULES said:
Listen...Time to move on, alright?
There has been much worse tragedies in the whole world, but apparently you only think and remember of 9/11. Gimme a fucking break!

First of all, I don't think I deserve that negativity. I was nothing but objective in giving my opinion in the nicest way possible.

Secondly, you are assuming a lot of in your post. I never said that 9/11 was one of the worst tragedies in the whole world, and I never said that it should be the only one to be remember. You also seem to think that I only "think and remember" of 9/11. All of these things I never said. I'm not trying to say one tragedy is better than another, I think that would be extremely ignorant. A tragedy is a tragedy, and it should be acknowledged at the very least out of respect for those who died. You see how much better it is to argue the subject than attack the person? I could have just as easily said suck my balls.... :headbang:

how bout we respect them by letting them rest instead of digging up a dead horse to flog it every once in a while? that was really my point...

anyway, i never want to hear a metal band attempt playwrighting, because every single one i've heard has been awful.

Why shouldn't bands be allowed to write a song about an event that affected their lives in a personal way?

There seems to be a lot of "holier than thou" bullshit in this thread. Let's lock it.

BlindPanzer said:
I remember I rolled my eyes for BOTH opening narrations in the pyramaze albums
i thought they were pretty cheesy... which totally kicked in with the 80's ownage of the successive 1st songs, it was hot.:kickass: but i know what you mean.