Things I never want to see or hear on another metal album again.

I dislike the association of metal with carnage only.. I've a few friends here that love metal, but they prefer the local bands over everything (not bashing local bands here) or maybe not even local as in around here. But small bands in general who haven't had big fame. But if I ever look at the sites of any of their bands or things for their myspace things it's got blood and core and chains... And that's the only thing on the entire page pretty much. They'll have band members photoshopped in somehow with blood and cuts and bones... I dunno, just seems dumb to me.

booB said:
Why shouldn't bands be allowed to write a song about an event that affected their lives in a personal way?

There seems to be a lot of "holier than thou" bullshit in this thread. Let's lock it.

I've come to expect nothing less from some people around here lately...
:mad:

J-Dubya

The_Kinslayer said:
Yeah, I agree. There are more artistic and clever ways to tell a story than narration. Narration in general is pretty lame (RHAPSODY specifically.)
Christopher Lee ruled. More of his narrations are necessary!!!

To quote Roger Glover (pretending to be David Coverdale in his most gay British voice)...."I just want to write songs about women..."

Rock on!

Heavenly Call said:
I would also like to request a limit put on bands who write their name in such a way that you can't actually read it. Granted, that is typically for our more extreme friends in the genre, but I can't be scared of your band if I can't tell what it says.

OMG, this is some funny shit! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been saying that for years ... how can I ask for your new album if I can't read the damn name of the band?

However, I do take issue with your ban on demons, wizards, dragons, etc. But then again ... I am the SwordLord :D

There is only one thing that truly disturbes me (I have to travel outside metal a bit for this one):

No more using the word "placenta" in a song. (Live's Lightning Crashes)

I still have nightmares of that pregnancy video we watched in Health class in 9th grade. I had no idea that other, not so beautiful objects emerge after the beautiful baby. I'm still scarred.

SeaStorm said:
There is only one thing that truly disturbes me (I have to travel outside metal a bit for this one):

I still have nightmares of that pregnancy video we watched in Health class in 9th grade. I had no idea that other, not so beautiful objects emerge after the beautiful baby. I'm still scarred.

You should watch the video for that song sometime. The chick who resemled Billy Corgan still bothers me.

I've never seen the video. Methinks I should continue to skip it. I don't need another thing about that song freaking me out!

BTW, friendly tip: don't look up things that freak you out in Wikipedia, or else you're liable to learn things like: "In most mammalian species, the mother bites through the cord and consumes the placenta in order to avoid predator attraction."

SeaStorm said:

I have always disliked that song for that reason only. :lol:

AMBR said:
I have always disliked that song for that reason only. :lol:

I'm actually the only person in my group of surrigate family that listens so Live, due to the fact that I obsesed over them before I was presented Nightfall in Middle Earth. I still throw on The Distance To Here and Secret Samadhi when I'm not blasting metal.