Think with me lads.. i need some help.

Jun 2, 2005
Right.. as im about to finish the toxic grind machine recordings in the next upcoming weeks, i have a small problem that needs some advice from people who have done this before.

See.. vocals will be added first to the songs... and the songs as i have em, are all single nuendo project files, not one big file with all songs in order and where everything is lined equally in volume and everything sounds the same in that one big file.
No, i have every song i have done so far, in single nuendo files.

now i am going to send MP3's to the singers on a disc, just the songs and in a order and timing, so the vocals will need to sync with the songs right? so the vocals, once recorded are set and ready.

Here's my question though, how am i going to get all these loose single nuendo files to line up with the vocals? what would be my best approach in this situation? or am i on the wrong path to begin with?

God i hope one of you understands what i just wrote up here.. because i just lost the plot a bit myself... :lol:

What I would do is:
Add one measure of syncing clicks before each song.
Then zoom to an individual sample level and line up the clicks.

yeah.. every DAW will allow you to export a Standard Midi file, even if there are not midi tracks in the session. when that SMF is imported into another DAW properly all your tempo changes and markers will appear in their DAW. just bounce out your mixes from zero and then export the SMF (choose the multitrack type) and send it along with the MP3.. they simply import the mp3 and the midi file.

Aaah cheers guys! I knew there was a simple solution lurching around somewhere, i was thinking too difficult...

thanks dudes, will take this advice and use it.

hey bob, what are you planning on doing with your tracks once they're done? are you self releasing or did you find a label or something? I'm sure alot of us are interested on getting your album when it's done.

hey bob, what are you planning on doing with your tracks once they're done? are you self releasing or did you find a label or something? I'm sure alot of us are interested on getting your album when it's done.

Heh.. no clue yet mate... will try and find a label i think, the singers are well connected, see what they can do... otherwise i'll just keep it free anyway, upload it on a yet to come TGM website once all is done.