Need some help with MIDI tracks/tempo tracks!

Jun 2, 2005
Im trying to line up several MIDI drums tracks for DFHS in one nuendo project file at the moment...
So like i do with other recordings, i get all the songs in order right? all with the same settings, so i can get the drums for all the songs lined up, and then just record bass and guitars to em in one project file.

Right, up till sofar you guys have been helpfull in another thread... but, i have another problem now... check this out:

I have one song imported into a nuendo project file... all is well, the MIDI is there, it runs on the click, the tempo track is there, and it works well... so far all good right?
Right.. when i want to add a second song to that project file though, i get a problem with the tempo track and the MIDI not running on the click anymore.

Here is pic to explain it a bit better:

TGMhelpneededwithMIDItracks.jpg

As you can see, the first song is there.. but i want to start a NEW midi track, with a NEW tempo track at the 8 minute mark, how should i do that?
See, i tried copy/pasting the tempo track from the 8 minute mark, but it just ends up being pasted at the 0 minute mark. very weird eh?

I just need the tempo track to start at the 8 minute mark... is this possible at all?

Cheers!

Open up the tempo track editor grab the draw tool and draw your new time sig marker in at the 8 min mark. and with the draw tool again go to the 8 min mark and in the tempo section draw in your new tempo mark. Thats how i would do it i know thats a shity explaination i had a long weekend:kickass:

Open up the tempo track editor grab the draw tool and draw your new time sig marker in at the 8 min mark. and with the draw tool again go to the 8 min mark and in the tempo section draw in your new tempo mark. Thats how i would do it i know thats a shity explaination i had a long weekend:kickass:

Thats all i know too... which i figure bob knows as well? I am also not sure how to actually copy and paste a piece of tempo- always seems to paste at 0 for me too, or fudge up. Cubase/Nuendo geeks? :)

Hm, I'm far from being a Cubase expert, but I don't think having two tempo tracks within one project file will work. It's just part of the global project attributes like loaded VST etc. Technically seen you don't start a new song at the end of the first one but just some new events after a little break.

The solution discussed by musickey and kev is probably the most straight forward one, but why don't you just copy the whole project (with all the settings - I assume that's why you want to have both songs in one project?) and create the new song from scratch. Everything else could lead you into troubles sooner or later.

From my understanding: 1 song = 1 project.
Probably there are more sophisticated Steinberg users out there that can proove me wrong.

i have tried to do what you guys are talking about in nuendo 3 and for some reason when you move the line to make the tempo track slower or faster at a certain point it moves it for the whole song.

in reply to the post above, you have to draw a spot for your original tempo and then draw another right behind it or whatever to make a change. You can even draw continuously and make weird curves if you like...

Bob - I am pretty sure that you will have to use one tempo track in a single project. You will just have to do like the posts above say and start at the 8 min mark and draw in your tempo for your 2nd song.

Right.. this has been most interesting, it actually IS like musickey described it.. i just never figured out that you have to draw in a new time sig marker.

Now it does work.. just one marker extra and it works!

And divisionbyzero.. yeah, that's the reason why i want all the songs in one project file, same settings all over, no differences.
I have no clue what problems im about to face now though, but the main reason why i am trying to get it done this way, is because i have so many synths and samples lined up with varying tempo tracks (as you can see in the pic) that i really don't want to do em from scratch again and lose most of it's original sound.

For now, i'll put everything in one project file and lay some guitars and bass on top of the allready existing MIDI tracks/tempo tracks and synths that go with it... then i'll bounce it to the studio where vocals will be recorded, mix in the vocals, DI the guitars and bass, and re-amping up next...

Should be okay i hope.. thanks for helping out once again fellas!

Yeah, I agree with you. Sometimes I'm just happy that everything is working within one project and I don't dare to start another one :rolleyes:

I just read from the Cubase manual that you can actually copy/paste tempo events by selecting the desired region and keeping the ALT button pressed.