Thinking Of Following SOCCER

S<issors

wins.
Jan 16, 2007
Ever since shipping off to college, I've been surrounded by people who follow all kinds of sports I never gave a shit about before, including soccer (or football or futball or whatever). As a result I've ended up watching a fair amount of soccer on TV, and last weekend I went to an MLS game (Revs v. FC Dallas) and had a great time. It seems like a badass sport, but I only have a very vague idea of the overall structure of the leagues, and I'm not sure what team to follow- I'd rather follow a team than just watch continue to watch random games. Anyway, I have no real geographical attachment to any team outside the MLS, but I think it'd be more fun to follow one of the big European teams. Man U, maybe?

Suggestions? Input on the sport? Helpful comments?

Go to Brazil. You will learn all about soccer there. When I was in the Sao Paulo I thought it was just a stereotype but some soccer news came on in the airport and EVERYONE in a room of about 200 or so people turned and looked at the tv. I had to wait until after it ended to go through security.

If you want to follow top quality football then look at England (a more rough, physical style), italy (more technical I think) or Spain. I think those three are the best leagues in Europe. Im no expert but those are most often regarded as the best. Stuff from Germany and Portugal also have quite a following.

And learn about some rules and tactics which will make it way more fun to watch. Kind of like if one is to watch american football knowing nothing about tactics and rules it becomes a total snoozefest. So learn about the game and it will be more fun.

And to the guy who said hockey is fundamentally the same game as football. You clearly dont know shit about either sport. They are very different.

Only follow liverpool if you're a scummy stealing cunt.

Follow Tottenham. We're blates the best...
Ignore our place in the league. It's erm, an accounting error. or something. WE'RE AWESOME.

EDIT: On le serious note, i concur with learn some of the rules tactics. Footballs a bloody fun game to watch if you actually know what's going on, and don't have the attention span of a five year old/average american.

Football is the best sport around. Watch Premier League matches, maybe abit of La Liga depending on whos playing, and the Champions League (best teams in Europe play each other), you'll enjoy it.

Ever since ive supported Arsenal i have never missed a game they have played. Arsenal are a great team to watch if you want interesting football, we play some of the best free-flowing one-touch football in England.

first tip: dont follow american soccer. it sucks terribly.

english soccer is probably the easiest to follow. and i of course reccomend LIVERPOOL! you can also follow the champions league, which is a collect of the best club teams in europe. the current tournament is halfway through the quarter finals. the champions league games are show on ESPN 2.
~gR~

Ignore previous statements and follow Liverpool. Only follow Man U if you like obnoxious assholes like Ronaldo or Rooney.

lol yeah as opposed to stevie "divers are ruining football brb *dives*" g and fernando "ahh it's windy *falls over*" torres

don't follow tottenham whatever you do :lol:

Ever since ive supported Arsenal i have never missed a game they have played. Arsenal are a great team to watch if you want interesting football, we play some of the best free-flowing one-touch football in England.

Arsenal are the best team to watch for entertaining football. They rarely play negative. Always attacking and free flowing. Champions league winners this year.