Thinking Of Following SOCCER

I'm replying to both TheInsane and wainds.

The only sport you are talking about is basketball. Where a lot of baskets are made, and there are a ton of points scored. You can't claim American football has too many points scored (unless you're the Colts ldo) in each game because the points for a touchdown and a field goal are just a lot bigger than single points for a goal. Most American football games don't go over 25 points for each team anyways, which is like 5 scores total or so. Almost like a baseball really. They just don't score their "goals" in multiples of 1 is all.

I never said anything about the amounts of points scored in american football at all. I just said I generally prefer sports with low amounts of goals scored. Im not american so Basketball isnt big over here but its a good example of how the points are scored so often that its nothing special in seeing a point being scored. In handball its the same. Goals every minute.

But then again when it comes to sports I actually prefer snooker and mma. Snooker being slow and very tactical, lots of points but a totally different game to most of the popular sports. And then MMA which ideally shouldnt be about points but have to be if time is running out - a necessary evil so to speak.

As for the 4th point, yeah, it's generally about the money for the most part, but there are a lot of sports who actually have a bit of personality attached to them though, unlike soccer.

I think football has alot of personality attached to it. The Swedish league certainly has and I know the english league has. Its just different from what you may be used to I guess. Football in Europe invokes alot of passion and alot of people are very dedicated to their teams.

Funny how Ozzman brings upp lacrosse. Its basically non-existent in Sweden. I did it once in gym class but never saw it since or before that on tv - not even in short news.

Maybe it is for you like what floorball is for us. Its pretty big in Sweden when it comes to people praticing it. Its not that big when it comes to attendance and such thouh even though it gets better. We're pretty much world leaders in the sport (like the UK is with snooker) but switserland has the only real proffesional league as far as I know.

ST20.jpg

I usually say that Im a fan of Hammarby IF in the swedish league. Its one of 3 top stockholm teams. I wouldnt recomend anyone following swedish football though. We are way behind the top leagues in Europe.

I dont really follow any league but if I were to it would be the english one (pemier league). It seems to be a little bit rough, tougher and more physical.

I thought it was clear that I was simplifying to the highest possible degree, you moron. The games (and lacrosse, too) are incredibly similar on a basic level. I'm not sure how one could contend this in the slightest.

Well yeah and all sports that use a ball is similar to. Or all sports using a goal. You went to such a basic level that it doesnt mean anything. Hockey and football are very different and it doesnt matter that they have the same objective (getting something into a goal with a net) because on every other level it is different.

words and stuff

Fair enough. I'm not trying to badmouth fuuutbawl, I like it. I just don't think it's the greatest sport ever is all.

Incredible that I even have to when it's so obvious. Volleyball, beachvolley, rugby, handball, floorball, bandy, tennis, badminton, ping-pong etc. In none of those is a goal/point as important as in a football game.

You're fucking kidding me right? You completely missed the point. I didn't say name every sport you can think of that scores a shit ton of points, we're talking about major spectator sports. If you have some uber-awesome sports channel where you watch nothing but badminton, ping pong, floorball, and whatever the fuck bandy is, then you sir, need a goddamn life.

Btw, arguing how important points are in different games is redundant tbh, which is the point I'm trying to convey. It doesn't matter how much a score is worth, or how many points a team scores, you still have to beat the opposing team. Meaning, you have to outscore them. So it doesn't matter if a team is up by a touchdown, or a goal, it is literally the same thing: 1 score.

Basketball is about as much a "major spectator sport" in Europe as handball is in North America. What caught my attention was that you automatically assumed that The Insane was talking about basketball, are you so ignorant? Just admit defeat Richard, you asked me to name them and I did :)
Ping-pong is the national sport of the biggest nation on earth btw.

Yep... Baseball draws like 0 in attendance over here. Im pretty sure there is no such thing as a proffesional baseball league here. American football is probably more popular but still I think if they attract 200 people to a match its probably a VERY good number.

Over here handball, floorball, tennis and bandy all outdraws american football and baseball. Not only that but they do it with ease.

Btw, arguing how important points are in different games is redundant tbh, which is the point I'm trying to convey. It doesn't matter how much a score is worth, or how many points a team scores, you still have to beat the opposing team. Meaning, you have to outscore them. So it doesn't matter if a team is up by a touchdown, or a goal, it is literally the same thing: 1 score.

I for one never argued about how important points are in different sports. I just said that I prefer fottball because every goal individually means more - at least to the spectator. If you see a goal in football its way more special than if I see one in handball. I dont know how many goals there are in a regular football match but I cant imagine it being over 4 per match. In handball its like 40 per match or whatever. Its nothing special to see a goal in handball but it is in football. Thats the point I was trying to get across.

If one team is down by 3 goals in football they are most often pretty much fucked. If they are down by 3 goals in another sport with more goals per match its a close game. Sure they still have to outscore eachother but the individual goal means less in general until the match is over.

A lot of soccer Moms are overprotective bitches who tell you your parents don't take care of you because you wear a Symphony X shirt with naked women on it.