Thinking of giving up breathing...

Is this supposed to be a parody of my thread a few days ago with the quesion on acoustics with breathing sounds getting into the recorded performance?
if so then I don't see how its funny, I had a legitimate problem and was looking for legit answers, some I got and other just laughed at it in text form.

If its not then this thread is even less legit and should be moved/deleted. The thing I like about this forum is that people actually learn/help each other and its not overloaded with shit

Is this supposed to be a parody of my thread a few days ago with the quesion on acoustics with breathing sounds getting into the recorded performance?
if so then I don't see how its funny, I had a legitimate problem and was looking for legit answers, some I got and other just laughed at it in text form.

If its not then this thread is even less legit and should be moved/deleted. The thing I like about this forum is that people actually learn/help each other and its not overloaded with shit
*swoosh* right over your head ...

Antares Ventilator VST - it's like auto-tune for your lungs :loco:

Not new, just stupid today. Simply by lurking here since 1/2006 I have come across boatloads of amazing information, not to mention incredible musicians, engineers, and hobbyists. Even though I don't know you guys, I like virtually hanging out with you.

Serious thread remorse.

Edit: wishtheend, no dude, I wasn't trying to be a dick and I honestly didn't even see your thread. But maybe deletion is the appropriate fate for this thread...

Perhaps it's cuz I've posted all of 5 times at HC so I don't have quite as bitter a taste for it, but I thought this thread was very clever - yes it belongs in the OT section but as Genius said he recognized it, and it cracked me up! :)

Don't be bitter just cuz you don't get it ;) For the record, these:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/453568-giving-up-music-life.html

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...2-thinking-about-quitting-playing-guitar.html

are what is being parodied (IMO brilliantly) here

And honestly, breathing would be easier to quit. When I got married, I thought I'd never get back into music. When I picked up and moved away from my band, I thought I'd never get back into it. Now that my first child is on the way, I got a little depressed and thought I'd have to sell my admittedly modest collection of gear. Seriously, though, I'm just going to start learning nursery rhymes and kids' songs. Why not? Soon I'll be posting my results here.

I "get it" but it's actually not that funny when people make a post here looking for advice from people they consider colleagues and then get shit on and made fun of.

Monty Python is funny...this is not.

To non regulars that may stop in it would look just like HCAF.

It seems to me that the general attitude of this forum is leaning towards that direction over the past six months. It feels quite a bit different here. And I'll also mention the overuse of lame ass interweb catch phrases such as "pwned" and saying "fail" and/or "epic fail" etc... about anything that is not agreed with.

I would like to think of this forum as more of an intellectual production forum and it kills me to see the things that separated this forum from all the others swirling it's way down the toilet bowl.

I hope no one assumes I am making an attack at them or any weird shit like that. It's just a personal observation of the community in recent times and I must say that it sucks.

gay_thread.jpg