Thinking of Selling Broken Ipod on Ebay....any other suggestions?

Wait wait... are you sure it's a hardware problem? Sometimes the iPod operating system freezes up, and you have to reformat it in iTunes to get it working again. As a matter of fact, my iPod had that very problem this morning. Make sure you've tried that before you go selling/trashing/exploding/fellating it.

I'm not sure they wouldn't even tell me the problem.

It won't turn on at all and my computer won't even recognize it.

How do you reformat it in iTunes? Please help. Thanks

Well if the iPod doesn't show up in iTunes at all, then you won't be able to reformat it unfortunately.

If it does show up, click on the line in the left-hand panel that has the name of your iPod, and it'll bring up kind of a main menu for it which shows the capacity, software version, serial number, etc. There will be a button named "Restore" in the window - click that.

A box will come up asking you if you're sure you want to restore to default settings, you will lose all the stuff on your iPod, etc. - click "Restore". It'll do the reformatting, and then give you a little notice saying it's done. If it works, the iPod will reappear in the left-hand panel (it may take a while), and then it will ask you to name your iPod and choose the sync settings. After that, you should be able to use it just like before.

Well if the iPod doesn't show up in iTunes at all, then you won't be able to reformat it unfortunately.

If it does show up, click on the line in the left-hand panel that has the name of your iPod, and it'll bring up kind of a main menu for it which shows the capacity, software version, serial number, etc. There will be a button named "Restore" in the window - click that.

A box will come up asking you if you're sure you want to restore to default settings, you will lose all the stuff on your iPod, etc. - click "Restore". It'll do the reformatting, and then give you a little notice saying it's done. If it works, the iPod will reappear in the left-hand panel (it may take a while), and then it will ask you to name your iPod and choose the sync settings. After that, you should be able to use it just like before.

It's completely dead. It won't do ANYTHING.

Ok I guess you're fucked then. Unless there's some kind of iPod repair manual out there on the Internet, and the problem you're having doesn't require nanotools to fix :p. I was just making sure it wasn't something simple like the software freezing up.

Ok I guess you're fucked then. Unless there's some kind of iPod repair manual out there on the Internet, and the problem you're having doesn't require nanotools to fix :p. I was just making sure it wasn't something simple like the software freezing up.

That's comforting...lol

Yeah it won't do anything at all. I know sometimes it will at least turn on but freeze or other various problems but mine is dead. Literally.

I'm still gonna try to call and bitch but if that doesn't work, to ebay it goes.