Broken (?) Ipod Suggestions

Metal Moose

SwampKnight
Feb 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
www.myspace.com
Well people, the story goes like this...

A friend of mine dropped her Ipod out of her car, and it lay getting rained on the whole night. :cry: I found it on the street in front of my house severely damaged.

It's a 30Gb video Ipod. The whole screen looks messed up, as if a car drove over it. No cracks, but underneath the surface of the screen all this blue liquid leaked out. I don't think it turns on anymore, as it got severly rained on all night.

Okay, so my question is... what should she do?:err:

1.) Go to the Apple store, and tell them the truth about what happened.

2.) Go to the Apple store, and make up a lie, :oops: that she knows nothing of why it did this.

3.) Talk to Apple directly, and mail it in for repair (telling truth).

4.) Talk to Apple directly, mail it in for repair, and say :oops: she knows nothing of why this happened.

Any suggestions are highly :worship: appreciated! I want this situation to work out the best for her, but I myself don't know what advice to give her.:ill:
Anyone had anything like this happen to them?

As mentioned, the screen looks OBVIOUSLY messed up. She got it as a gift a couple of months ago, and it is still on warranty.

Please help us out!

number 2, it's still in waranty so they are forced to repair it or give a new one, but I don't think they will if they know the truth

I agree with Black Core. If you don't want to do that, you could do what I did.

I remember I fucked up my iPod mini, and it wouldn't turn on or charge. I used the Apple website, and through a link on the service site I said that my iPod had broken, and that it was still within the time of warranty. Apple sent me a box via FedEx and then I put my iPod in it, had it shipped out later that day, and then I received the fixed iPod in the mail.

The only issue with this is that if Apple determines that what happened is not an iPod problem, and is something that you did, they may make you pay for this service. In my case, something was wrong with the internal battery, so this service was free.

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/