I hate Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I would ever want apple fixing my shit unless I had apple care.

When my mac died I DID NOT take it to apple. I took it to a small place in syracuse that repaired both apples and PCs. They had awards from apple, but from what I could tell they were not affiliated in any way.

It's definitely easier and cheaper to just fix your ipod yourself if you can. When the battery went on my iPod mini (long as time ago) I just put another in myself.

ipod reliability has always been shoddy for me, mainly due to my own faults (dropping it too much etc). I'm on a classic now, and have had ipods since the 3rd g. I actually have to take my ipod back to best buy today as the headphone jack is fucked (after a year since the last repair in which they ended up sending me a refurb) - otherwise it works fine. really hoping they'll just fix the jack rather than give me another refurb, since this one has literally no problems except that.

As for Macs, we have dual booters at uni. The next time someone says to me "I like Macs cos they don't crash" I'm going to headbutt their fucking face in.

Haha I agree so much with you. We're working with macs at school and they suck so much. Sometimes I'll click on the firefox icon in the dock and it just won't open. I have to reboot it and after rebooting it works. Sometimes I open cubase and choose the Mbox instead of integrated audio, but it won't detect the mbox, so I have to reboot it. again, after rebooting, it detects the mbox. I tried to install revalver 3 demo but it made cubase crash when it asked for authorization??...

Anyway, each his own.

wow... so for my second post since coming back to the forum after two month hiatus I'm right back to the same old thing... replying to someone who's judging macs... or any computer.. by how the ones used by multiple retards at a school perform.

i've already posted this, but here goes again: all computers can be screwed up by people that don't know what they are doing, and nowhere is this issue more prominently underscored than at a school computer lab where the machines are (ab)used by multiple users, over and over again... and this is especially worse for macs simply because most of the people screwing them up in these type of multi-user situations are PC users normally, and have zero clue about macs at all.

My computers (2 macs and 1 PC), and i'm guessing most everyone here does the same, are only used by me... and i have virtually no problems with them at all... and i know that if i do, i can either easily fix it myself, or Apple will fix it for me for free.

judging any computer platform based on how it performs in a computer lab is about as valid as complaining that books in the library are dog-eared and dirty.. if you don't want dirty, bent pages you can go to the bookstore and buy your own new copy and don't let anyone else read it.

fin.

James. I'm not talking about hardware. I'm not talking about computers. I'm talking about my experience with Apple Service. I did'nt say anything about Macs. I even said they probably build good stuff I just don't need it. And I wasn't screwing around with my iPod. The display stopped working.

I was just angry about the way I was treated. I wasn't moaning about the 30€ I had to pay (because I knew I'm going to lose them!). Again: I hate the fact they said it's not possible to repair it so I have to get a new iPod which is an old modell for 200€.

S, whoever likes Apple and has good experiences with them - FINE! It's great if you never had any trouble with your Apple hardware or just minor problems.
I have had a very bad experience in my opinion. Can happen with every company but did happen to me with apple.

I don't know how good a Mac is because I never had one so that's why I wouldn't talk about them. Still - I don't need one because a lot of stuff I use wouldn't work.

Geesh people...can't the man just bitch a little bit to vent his frustrations, without people jumping on his case?

Of course not dude!
You cant criticize Apple!

All of their products are flawless, as are their support.. if something breaks and they wont fix it, its your own god damn fault! GET OVER IT! ;)

wow... so for my second post since coming back to the forum after two month hiatus I'm right back to the same old thing... replying to someone who's judging macs... or any computer.. by how the ones used by multiple retards at a school perform.

i've already posted this, but here goes again: all computers can be screwed up by people that don't know what they are doing, and nowhere is this issue more prominently underscored than at a school computer lab where the machines are (ab)used by multiple users, over and over again... and this is especially worse for macs simply because most of the people screwing them up in these type of multi-user situations are PC users normally, and have zero clue about macs at all.

My computers (2 macs and 1 PC), and i'm guessing most everyone here does the same, are only used by me... and i have virtually no problems with them at all... and i know that if i do, i can either easily fix it myself, or Apple will fix it for me for free.

judging any computer platform based on how it performs in a computer lab is about as valid as complaining that books in the library are dog-eared and dirty.. if you don't want dirty, bent pages you can go to the bookstore and buy your own new copy and don't let anyone else read it.

fin.

I don't even understand why you're replying me. I mean, I seriously don't care if someone bashes PC, I don't feel the need to defend them. Some of my friends have macs, some of them have PC, and it's all good. Some of them prefere the workflow of a mac, some of them prefere the workflow of a PC, and we don't care what each one uses, the product will be the same in the end.

I don't know how the process is called, but the computers in the lab start like they are new each time you reboot them. So even if someone changes the settings, it will be back with the normal settings when you'll
reboot it.

By the way, I hope you're not irritated by what I said. I'm glad to see you back because I always greatly appreciated your comments about production and your experience and judging by the thread (http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/521157-what-fuck-forum-comming-too.html), I know I ain't the only one.

I don't know how the process is called, but the computers in the lab start like they are new each time you reboot them. So even if someone changes the settings, it will be back with the normal settings when you'll reboot it.

My computer teacher always referred to it as booting from an image, kinda like the Acronis disc images you can make of your HDD for a quick reformat, except they come from the server

Öwen;8507969 said:
This thread can only get worse.

Shit should be locked.

+...well, a lot (or maybe just "agree to disagree's" floated)

Make all Apple products illegal so we wont have to have these discussions again! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.