This Album is BAD

kingsx said:
ypu need insot and rd. When the drummer Pat left it spelled the end of that era. He was a special drummer who brings a great deal of creativity to the music. He was like Danny carey is to tool. SO peopel allways think hes just a drummer not true. John Bohnam just a drummer. You will see that Jonas was made a part of the band beacuse he was the drum tech and friends of the band and has skills. I just wish they would have pondereda the decison a little longer. I do not like the new ablum very much. I liked t.i.c but less than the previous three. ou will se that Recreation Day is the peak and then the exodus began. First pat and now mike. Good luck evergrey I will not leave you as a fan because you hit me so hard With ISOT and RD and the power and drumming of pat changed my opinion of new metal.
Patrick did not write any songs or lyrics. So if the music changed after he quit it is not because of him. TIC is a great album and Jonas is a good and technically skilled drummer. so i doubt that Patrick leaving has changed the Evergrey sound.

I don´t understand why people compare all of their albums... Why would u make a second Recreation Day album? Like EG stated in interviews they made an album thats more Live orientated, and i think thats the main reason MMA sounds so different then all the others. And by different i dont mean bad! It's a good thing they try out another sound. Thx to MMA I discovered EG and digged into the older stuff too, totally loving it! EG ROCKS!! :headbang:

I know I know. Some of you believe Recreation Day to be the peak...
Now I'm new to Evergrey, but that video for 'A Touch of Blessing' is phenomenal just because of its content. I've never seen a band take up for intellectuals before. There are many people that would have liked to be musicians or artists of some other kind in life, but simply realized that if they didn't pursue something higher, like Physics or Mathematics, or Computer Science, then the world would be that much weaker, edging us closer to failure as a race. If I were an emperor I'd throw money at their feet for their heartfelt sympathy for the elite.

Thanks Evergrey.

I think it's not great... quite in between. But I wouldn't go as far as to say it sucks. All bands 'sell out' eventually, doesn't have to be a bad thing.

Virtus said:
Does anybody read an Interview with Rik Zander about the new album??? Could be interesting what he thinks about the fakt that the Keyboards are "put on the backseat"...

Thx TallNerdKid :headbang: :kickass:
Where can we find this interview?

I take back everything bad I said about this album in previous months. MMA took FOREVER to grow on me... but now I can't stop listening to it... I love it... a bit ironic because i suspect the album was designed for "immediate impact"... but it was the ultimate grower for me... I love the concise powerful songs with the irresistable hooks... I even like the production now... sounds great when you turn the stereo up LOUD

I simply love MMA!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
There may be single songs on the older CDs (like "A Touch of Blessing" :worship: , "For Every Tear That Falls" :worship:) which I might pick first, yet MMA is my all-in-all favourite right now because it has SO MANY great songs!!

Looking forward to hear them played live again soon!

MMA rocks. Great Heavy guitar riffs, good vocals, amazing production and I really liked the Nu Metal atmoshpere.

Kuksug!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtus
Does anybody read an Interview with Rik Zander about the new album??? Could be interesting what he thinks about the fakt that the Keyboards are "put on the backseat"...

Thx TallNerdKid

Where can we find this interview?

I don't now if there is such an interview...it was a question if someone knows an interview in which Rik talks about this fakt... It's a little bit like Kirk Hammett and St.Anger...no solos...
:headbang: