this artist known as Neige

wow, that song is indeed amazing.

Damn straight. It's basically a musical sonnet. Neige seems to be able to get away with crafting this "romantic" black metal. Though it works better when combined with extreme elements because the new Alcest album didn't seem to work that well. [I should give it another whirl though].

AMESOEURS - Complete New Album
It finally managed to happen and manifest, France’s AMESOEURS (featuring Neige of ALCEST and award winning animation filmmaker Fursy Teyssier of LES DISCRETS) have completed work on their mind-blowing debut album, simply titled “Amesoeurs”.

Being released in North America by Profound Lore (Code666 in Europe), following the band’s highly praised and acclaimed 2007 “Ruines Humaines” EP and with the justifiable praise and hype built upon the EP, the Amesoeurs self-titled debut full-length is easily one of the most anticipated releases of the year.

Formed by Neige and vocalist Audrey Sylvain in 2004, Amesoeurs is a bleak, violent, melancholic, suffocating, desolate vision, one brimming with negativity and despair. Through their music, Amesoeurs portray a world of urban decay, a lifeless wasteland and a dark realm that becomes all too real in an age of social decay.

By mixing elements of harsh melancholic black metal, post-punk and ‘80s new wave influenced heavily by acts like JOY DIVISION, early CURE, and DEPECHE MODE, “Amesoeurs” is an album that mixes elements for each of the aforementioned genres into one mind-numbing and unrelenting sonic journey where each song translates into a different expression which all weave together to form an album that will go down as one of the most memorable releases of 2009. Calling this a masterpiece would be a severe understatement.

Tracklisting for “Ameoeurs” goes as follows:

1. Gas In Veins
2. Les Ruches Malades
3. Heurt
4. Recueuillement
5. Faux Semblants
6. I XII V XIX XV V XXI XVIII XIX – IX XIX – IV V I IV
7. Trouble (Eveils Infames)
8. Video Girl
9. La Reine Trayeuse
10. Amesoeurs
11. Au Crepuscule De Nos Reves

Amesoeurs are:

Neige – vocals/guitars/bass
Audrey Sylvain – vocals/piano
Fursy T. – guitars/bass/art direction & design
Winterhalter – drums

An MP3 medley sample of the tracks “Gas In Veins” and “Amesoeurs” can be heard in our MP3 section of our website.

Expect the North American version of “Amesoeurs” to officially be released in North America sometime in April.

amesoeurs_cover_250.jpg

Amesoeurs album leaked.

http://www.mediafire.com/?w4myjtlzjg4

Track 6 and 7 will need to be swapped in place/name as they are incorrect (Metal-Archives is displaying it incorrectly too, check Profound Lore's website, or the scanned image included)

Edit: Forgot to add, I'm not very impressed on my first spin so far.

Trouble (Éveils Infâmes) is an excellent song, and obviously written by Neige, as it is bears the mark of blending shoegaze and black metal seamlessly to produce something incredible.

The album as a whole is incredibly mediocre though. Audrey's vocals in large doses is irritating and severely grates on ones nerves. The music itself is relatively bland and has blatant moments of "angst" or an "emo" quality. "Amesoeurs" is reminiscent of Fursy's other project, Les Discrets, but falls short as it is sub par compared to it.

The album flows relatively well, but was obviously written separately. Neige seems to have had little involvement, in fact it appears that Audrey and Fursy wrote most of what consists of this album. Apparently Audrey and Neige broke up prior to recording, so that likely had some impact.

I was just really disappointed with this album, and now I worry for the Alcest album that is coming out in the near future. The fact that the 2 songs from Le Secret will be re-recorded for it is already a bad sign though.

Maybe with time I'll enjoy "Amesoeurs" more. We'll see.