This forum will be (2000 and) gone soon

I agree. :)
And one shouldn't forget either this useful language studying we all could enjoy here (for example the little Finnish course words -lesson today, as one could see above.. Hitler, you underestimated that in vain, you know! :p )!! If we'll go out, then where the hell the spoiled youth could get its learnings from?? You see, it's hard to reach a credibility on the streets, if one has no ideals to imitate.. and so on, blaah etc. :rolleyes:

Anyway, now speakin more seriously :zzz: I'd also want to keep this forum exist still, if that means somewhere else, then somewhere else. We'll be there too, don't we..!? :) This won't be the Judgement Day. Otherwise I'm absolutely terrified..:yell: just how I'm supposed to spend my workdays in future in that case..???? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Yes, I believe we'll find out how to go on with this great forum..!! :headbang:
(or should I say I trust you wiser people to eliminate this tiny little problem..;) )

it is out of my hands....whatever happens, we cannot prevent. to think that we as a whole can magically deliver the funds to keep a bb afloat is assinine...i wish it wasnt this way, but the cards have been dealt, now it is time for us to play out hands....

a wise band once said "as we sow, so shall ye weep"

creating a direct debit for the whole year, for anyone who makes a quarterly or monthly payment on their credit card is stupid . but for this, I'd have gladly thrown 15 bills into the paypal fund this morning. The various forums users need a way to make individual donations/payments. paypal can do this i think, so why not give it a try???

eh?!

This is sad news... made so many friends via the forum: Mehdi, Heiko, Somnium in tenebris, Dwra, Giorgos, Pince, Burn, D3vlin, Pagan Angel, Strangelight, Forlorn Hope, Sidereaa, Eos, Lenore, Light, and anyone I forgot...
It was just great to meet you guys in real life... now I hope Neph can arrange something for us, so we still can enjoy ourselves and meet some great people...

Hope you can make things happen neph

cry.gif

Don't despair!!!
This forum isn't dead yet!! + we can raise a new one for free!!!
Phpbb forum on a free account will be slower for sure but it can work very well and it use the same kind of technology as this one!!
I'm sure someone can manage it!!

Burn

Why do people always expect something for nothing on the net?

Fuckin' tight asses!

I'll gladly contribute something towards the annual cost of keeping the forum here - like $5 or maybe even $10. what about the rest of you?

but why pay for something that you can have for free? It's okay to pay for MP3 downloads or whatever, but for a forum? I told our webmaster to get in contact with mega and I really hope they can sort this out. I don't see the point in paying for something which in other places is offered for free. People around here want to have contact with other people interested in the same things, it's not that there's a special service, program or product offered here.
You have banners around here as well, so that's how you can get the money needed for the server and traffic costs.

but why pay for something that you can have for free?

if its a choice between something that's free but slow and crappy or something that's fast, neat to look at and easy to use, but which costs a little, then its the second option for me.

Quality comes at a premium, but quality is important to me. Its not like $5 a month is a lot of money - its about the cost of 1 pint of beer in a central London pub or 2 coffees from Starbucks. sheesh cheepsgates

Originally posted by Bambi
chazzyf is correct. anything decent nowadays is gonna cost ya a few bucks.

it's not! we're not gonna pay for everything... if people have to work on something then it has to cost money... why can't people just doing things for free... :mad:

Originally posted by chazzyf
Quality comes at a premium, but quality is important to me. Its not like $5 a month is a lot of money - its about the cost of 1 pint of beer in a central London pub or 2 coffees from Starbucks. sheesh cheepsgates

And had you thought about the way to pay it. I won't pay something online, and i will not pay a fee to send my money to a bankaccount abroad. :p :p :p

ok lets face it. i love this forum and im not going anywhere. ive posted like 3900 times and ive met many people here. really nice people. and this board isnt the only one i frequent. im also on opeth, in flames, lake of tears (not as much as the others) and katatonia...the great thing about UM is that they are all together! where else on bloody earth can you find this? ok enough of me whining.

i'll be 100% percent honest with you. the only logical way seems to be to pay, but something inside tells me not to. oh fuck, never mind. im just having a conflict within. never mind...i'll post again as soon as i get things straight in my mind.

Originally posted by Don Corleone
ok lets face it. i love this forum and im not going anywhere. ive posted like 3900 times and ive met many people here. really nice people. and this board isnt the only one i frequent. im also on opeth, in flames, lake of tears (not as much as the others) and katatonia...the great thing about UM is that they are all together! where else on bloody earth can you find this? ok enough of me whining.

i'll be 100% percent honest with you. the only logical way seems to be to pay, but something inside tells me not to. oh fuck, never mind. im just having a conflict within. never mind...i'll post again as soon as i get things straight in my mind.

I agree that this is a very "flexible" community, you can move from one forum to another without major delay and that's very helpful.