Forum no longer official

Mark

Not blessed, or merciful
Apr 11, 2001
Sarf Lundin, Innit
Since I haven't been able to get in touch with 'cobadmin' (I believe he's doing his army service at the moment?), in regards to the hosted forum payment that all official forums pay (which we introduced last October), I've moved this forum into the 'unofficial forums' category.

Generally we would remove any forums which we don't have a paying owner for, but I'd rather keep this community going in one form or another :)

For those that don't know, the forum fee was introduced to help UM cover its running costs, and has helped us remain running since its introduction.

Best,
Mark

argh!!! what the heck!! :cry:
this sucks!:yell:
really nice of mark to keep it as unofficial at least....

bah! :(
i think some other paying forumguest should take over this board... it is just too big to be an unoffical one
besides the link on the CoB homepage still points to this board which makes it the official one... weirdness

I dunno, If I remember correctly Janne said before that they would keep this forum so Im surprised if they let it go unpaid on purpose. My guess would be the lack of administrator on this forum is causing the problem?! (especially if the administrator got the payment info and so on...) Oh well, I guess we will find out sooner or later...

haha, ok... I'll shut up now and wait for official news :)

I can totally understand if COB don't want to pay for a messageboard where 90 % of the threads are about some useless off topic shit.

Zarok666 said:
I can totally understand if COB don't want to pay for a messageboard where 90 % of the threads are about some useless off topic shit.

Hey, that's right down to the nitty-gritty of it all Zarok. The one or other off-topic thing may be cool, but the situation at the CoB Forum was totally fucked. :yuk:

Zarok666 said:

I agree with you! (esp those counting threads... what is the fucking point and fun of counting to a thousand or hundred or million?!) . Still having an administrator present from time to time could have reduced this problem IMO!

It is no admin mistake, they are probably dumping this site because of all the bullshit threads. Oh well hate to say I told you so but...! :( Looking forward to a real forum with band related stuff and less counting.

Np: nothing.....

Cyanide said:
besides the link on the CoB homepage still points to this board which makes it the official one...

No it doesn't. There hasn't been link to UM after the homepage turned looking all HateCrew Deathrollish.

Anyway, my opinion is: scrap the forum. There hasn't been proper thread here in ages.

Johanna said:
I agree with you! (esp those counting threads... what is the fucking point and fun of counting to a thousand or hundred or million?!) . Still having an administrator present from time to time could have reduced this problem IMO!
yeah, i agree with that too...

well, let's just hope that people won't stop visiting here just because its unnoficial.

And thanx for keeping the community, mark ;)