This game that we play, called life?

Brooks

Eyes Wide Open
Nov 15, 2001
Bay Area, California
skloid.blogspot.com
So I've been trying to figure out Warrel's personal belief system (his religion) through piecing together early Nevermore lyrics, but I seem to have snagged a possible contradiction... and religions aren't supposed to have contradictions! :lol:

Seven Tongues of God seems to clearly be an Athiestic song, "I have never seen God, you have never seen God", pointing towards living through logic.

But then, in This Sacrament, a point is made that Life is a game that we all play. But if its a game, doesn't that somewhat point to a higher power? How can life be a game if we're all just an accident? Games need a structure, so there must be a higher power to create that structure.

Most of Warrel's lyrics have really hit home (and I invented the "create your own religion" idea myself before I heard Warrel even say anything about it), and most of his ideas are brilliantly presented through them.

I think his feelings on life being a game is non secular, and really does not pertain to any specific religous belief. I think what he is saying is that life can be played like a game. One is presented in life with different situations and choices, playing on making the right or wrong choices, grasping oppurtunity or watching it slip through your hands. Life can have its winners or losers, by playing life like a game, you decide which side of the fence you are on. hehehe.

Well...I believe I know which 'religion' he 'follows' but I don't know if he actually believes in a God'ess' as a (spiritual) being .
Peronally I'm a complete atheist somewhat struggling with my indoctrinated catholic mind, but I don't believe in God, afterlife blahblah blah. Every bit of logic thinking points this way.
We're just the 'most' intellectual animals (or beasts as I prefer)
and because of this thinking ability we wonder...wonder why, where(from) to etc...and trying to answer these Qs with (a) God(s), heaven...sure I'd like to meet my dad again but isn't this why we invented heaven??don't be afraid to die, we'll meet all of our loved ones again etc...
There is no destiny, all is coincidence, create your own path through life/to death.
The only relgion I respect and follow is nature...We're here just accidentally.Actually, nature's/evolution's biggest/only mistake.

but if you'd like a satisfying answer to your Q , don't mind my babbling: check out MATRICIDE...

Eve and adam

One day in the Garden of Eden, Eve calls out to God ...

"Lord, I have a problem!"
"What's the problem, Eve?"
"Lord, I know you've created me and have provided this beautiful garden
and all of these wonderful animals, and that hilarious comedic snake,
but I'm just not happy."
"Why is that, Eve?" came the reply from above.
"Lord, I am lonely. And I'm sick to death of apples."
"Well, Eve, in that case, I have a solution. I shall create a man for
you."
"What's a 'man,' Lord?"

"This man will be a flawed creature, with many bad traits. He'll lie,
cheat, and be vainglorious; all in all, he'll give you a hard time. But,
he'll be bigger, faster, and will like to hunt and kill things. He will
look silly aroused, but since you've being complaining, I'll create him
in such a way that he will satisfy your... ah, physical needs. He'll be
witless and will revel in childish things like fighting and kicking a
ball about. He won't be too smart, so he'll also need your advise to
think properly."

"Sounds great," says Eve, with an ironically raised eyebrow. "What's the
catch, Lord?"
"Yeah, well.... you can have him on one condition."
"What's that, Lord?"

"As I said, he'll be proud, arrogant, and self-admiring ... So you'll
have to let him believe that I made him first ... So, just remember ...
it's our secret ... Woman-to-woman!"

one for WD;)