this has been done before but...

Wow !! tough one !!

Accept - Metal Heart/Balls to the Wall (can't decide)
Vanden Plas - Beyond Daylight
AC/DC - Back in Black
Metal Church - Blessing in Disguise
Dio - Holy Diver

Bryant

Fangface said:
Damn Ted and his torture thread :loco:

Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny
Warlord - Cannons of Destruction Have Begun
Helloween - Walls of Jericho
Dio - Last in Line
Mercyful Fate - Don't Break the Oath
Acc... uuuh, what, only 5??? o_O
Sometimes I have a tough time deciding between "Holy Diver" and "The Last in Line." If not for "Don't Talk to Strangers" I think I would pick TLiL, but that song is so incredible.

Bryant

Abryl said:
1. Iron Maiden - Piece Of Mind
2. Kotipelto - Waiting For The Dawn
3. Alice In Chains - Facelift
4. Iced Earth - Something Wicked This Way Comes
5. Anthrax - Sound Of White Noise

4 and 5 may change, but 1 through 3 never will!

Your number five selection rips !! That is definitely Anthrax's masterpiece.

Bryant

JonnyD said:
The first 2 are left out because they really arent my Favorite Overkill records...I still have a hard time listening to em its not that the songs are bad its the Production and a few other "sound" factors :D
I see. Although I personally don't think that it's that bad with Over Kill I know exactly what you mean. I have the same problem with the early Destruction records. I wish they'd re-record some of their early killer tracks like Testament and Venom did. Just imagine Rotten To The Core, Hammerhead, Deny The Cross or Powersurge with an uptodate sound. Man, just the mere thought sounds vicious!!!

DrillSergeant said:
I see. Although I personally don't think that it's that bad with Over Kill I know exactly what you mean. I have the same problem with the early Destruction records. I wish they'd re-record some of their early killer tracks like Testament and Venom did. Just imagine Rotten To The Core, Hammerhead, Deny The Cross or Powersurge with an uptodate sound. Man, just the mere thought sounds vicious!!!

I dont think Words could describe how cool that would be :D

tedvanfrehley said:
now see, I would never have thought Kotipelto...I like them...only heard one album...forgot the name, but enjoyed it. Seems like it had a bit of "powerslave" flavor to it....

Must be Waiting For The Dawn then, I loved that album since the first time I heard it and I just can never get tired of it. :D

Cold Gin said:
Ratt-Invasion...
Mama´s Boys-plug it in
Def Leppard-X
Hanoi Rocks-Back to Mystery City
Scorpions-Blackout
I can understand the other selections, but what exactly did you like about the "X" record? I picked a copy up, hoping for the best & was disappointed.
Like with everything, there's always an audience for it, even the diehards(which I am not) thought it was weak.
SIXXSWINE

FUCK!!!!!!! I avoided this thread for a reason!!! I'm gonna feel so bad because i'm gonna leave out so many amazing bands and albums....

1.) Queensryche-Operation:Mindcrime
2.) Judas Priest-Stained Class
3.) Iced Earth-Night Of The Stormrider
4.) Anthrax-Persistence Of Time
5.) Deep Purple-Machine Head

I'm missing so much speed metal, thrash, traditional metal, and hard rock....

My top 5:

Iron Maiden: Powerslave
Megadeth: Peace Sells... but Who's Buying?
Metallica: Ride the Lightning
Nevermore: Dreaming Neon Black
Helloween: Keeper of the Seven Keys, Part II

sixxswine said:
I can understand the other selections, but what exactly did you like about the "X" record? I picked a copy up, hoping for the best & was disappointed.
Like with everything, there's always an audience for it, even the diehards(which I am not) thought it was weak.
SIXXSWINE

I was disspointed first as well, hoped for something like Pyromania which is my favorite DL actually. X is rather soft, but great songs, especially when driving, and I drive a lot due to my job. Give it a chance, requires a couple of times listening to it before you like it.
Cheerz