This is a weird idea...but it might be interesting

Shard

The Unholy Thpoo
Dec 19, 2002
(UC)Santa Barbara, CA
OK, this is like....way the fuck out of nowhere, but I just had an idea and figured I'd pitch it to you guys first before trying to contact Opeth.

I know the first flautist, David Ross, in the Peninsula Pops Orchestra(http://www.peninsulapops.org/) because he's my girlfriend's father, and one time I was over at their house for dinner, and I played Opeth. He enjoyed it and I joking wondered what Opeth would be like with a flute...then I went further and wondered what Opeth would be like with an orchestra...so I asked David whether they would be interested in some sort of .....Opeth & orchestra type of thing....kind of like Metallica's S&M. He thought about it and said it might be fun and I should try to organize it...

So my question is...would this be a good idea? Would you guys be interested in hearing Opeth+orchestra? Or am I just delusional?

-Tim

Well, I always had a weird urge to hear orchestrated Opeth songs, but I never considered that.

I was always thinking about doing something similar to that. Their song's have so many different emotions and moods that it reminded me of orchestral music, I tried asking my classical buff friend to help me arrange it but nooooo...'classical is the only true form of music'. <---FUCK YOU!!!!

actually, If I am not mistaken - I do recall Mike talking about this, not that he had planned anything, but that he was open for the idea. I think it came up in some interview back when Entombed was working together with the Swedish Royal Ballet.

/Peter

Shard said:
OK, this is like....way the fuck out of nowhere, but I just had an idea and figured I'd pitch it to you guys first before trying to contact Opeth.

I know the first flautist, David Ross, in the Peninsula Pops Orchestra(http://www.peninsulapops.org/) because he's my girlfriend's father, and one time I was over at their house for dinner, and I played Opeth. He enjoyed it and I joking wondered what Opeth would be like with a flute...then I went further and wondered what Opeth would be like with an orchestra...so I asked David whether they would be interested in some sort of .....Opeth & orchestra type of thing....kind of like Metallica's S&M. He thought about it and said it might be fun and I should try to organize it...

So my question is...would this be a good idea? Would you guys be interested in hearing Opeth+orchestra? Or am I just delusional?

-Tim

This is a great idea. If you have the resources to pursue this, than go for it dood!

jeanreno said:
I think it's a wonderful idea. :)

Hell yeah.. it would be amazing.. a full orquesta and Opeth.... humm.. sounds great!!:tickled:

... and what about some opera choirs?????

Jean Reno its my favorite actor!!..
this is from... Matilda... BOOOOM!!!!! (from: Leon The professional)

I doubt that you'll mention it to Opeth and they'd say, "WOW! Orchestra? We've never thought of that!"

When Opeth wants to record with an orchestra, they'll do so. I seriously don't see it happening, though...that would really crowd their music. I think it would sound bad.