This is awful , God Awful

hiddenlegions

DISCIPLE
Sep 21, 2002
So Cal
Visit site
Listen to this in Windows Media , taken from blabbermouth....

http://mfile.akamai.com/6560/wm2/muze.download.akamai.com/2890/us/uswm2/978/497978_1_17.asx

KELLY OSBOURNE: 'EPIC RECORDS Didn't Know How To Market Me' - Oct. 7, 2003

Kelly Osbourne told MTV.com that the idea to cover one of her father's songs had been long suggested by fans and family alike, but she wasn't one to deliver the obvious.

"We always thought it would be a cliché to [cover one of my father's songs]," Kelly admitted. "Then I sat with the song for a day and rewrote the lyrics. And we recorded the song in three hours."

Kelly and Ozzy's version of "Changes" (Windows Media, Real Media), which originally appeared on her father's band's 1972 album, "Black Sabbath Vol. 4", now refers to a child growing up and leaving the nest instead of a lament over a lost love. Ozzy sings, "She was my baby" rather than "She was my woman," and "My heart was blinded/ Love went astray" became "My baby's grown now/ She's found her way."

The song is one of the new tracks that appear on Kelly's reissued debut, "Shut Up", which has been retitled "Changes". It is the singer's first effort for Sanctuary Records following a split with Epic earlier in the year.

"Epic was just not the record company for me," Kelly said. "They're not particularly a good one. They didn't know how to market me, they didn't know how to categorize me and really what to do with me."

"They assumed Kelly was a flop when she sold 200,000 units," added her brother, Jack. "They were expecting her to be like J. Lo and sell 50 million." ["Shut Up" has sold just over 155,000 copies since its November release, according to Nielsen SoundScan]

"You can't put an album out without any promotion and expect it to sell," Kelly said. "To sell that many units with zero promotion is pretty good. There are bands that tour for five years that only sell 200,000 units, so I was really happy with what it did."

As previously reported, Ozzy and Kelly will perform their rendition of "Changes" on an upcoming episode of "The Sharon Osbourne Show". No date has yet been set for the taping, according to a spokesperson for Sharon Osbourne Management.

Changes has got to be the most overrated song in the entire Sabbath catalog. I don't know why it's always included on Sabbath compilations as one of their "hits". As for Kelly's "singing" carreer, the less said the better. :ill: