This is depressing (Venting time)

NSGUITAR

Oct 26, 2009
Hey guys..

So, as a lot of you guys know, I'm in a band called Anthem Alone..

http://www.theprp.com/2010/01/18/news/ex-still-remains-members-unite-in-anthem-alone-seek-vocalist/

We have yet to find a damn singer.. It's been nearly a year and a half now, since I've been in the band. I know that we'll make it and get signed and la de da, blah blah, but how hard can it really be to find a singer?! We've had damn near 2000 auditions via the internet, NO LIE. about 99% of them were not even close to what we are looking for.

We've had 4-6 REALLY good ones that we pursued by sending them another track to try out over, and they just ended up not pleasing us 100%.

Our music is good. It's not crazy unique or anything, but it's hard, it's heavy, and it's something people will get into for sure. With that being said, we obviously need an absolutely perfect singer to top it off to make this band what we want it to be!

So, I'm sort of asking for your guys' help!

If you know of ANYBODY that is a decent/good/amazing singer (Singer being the keyword) please let me know via this thread, or some other way!!

We're absolutely ready to do this thing. But I'm absolutely needing some help with this.

Thanks a ton

You've seen over 2000 people?
Jesus christ on a stick, maybe you're just too picky!?

We've not seen 2000 people, we've auditioned about that many via the internet.

We posted a downlaodable track that people would record vocals over and send to our email.

Oh shit man, 2000 auditions!!! I'll see if i can make it 2001 :D. I have some spare time tomorrow. I know we talked before about it. I PM you man if I can get my shit together. because i think you are seriously one of the best guitarist i have heard in terms of skill, and the music is awesome.

Btw i think the song you posted in that youtube clip is a bit more audition friendly in terms of song structure.

Oh shit man, 2000 auditions!!! I'll see if i can make it 2001 :D. I have some spare time tomorrow. I know we talked before about it. I PM you man if I can get my shit together. because i think you are seriously one of the best guitarist i have heard in terms of skill, and the music is awesome.

Btw i think the song you posted in that youtube clip is a bit more audition friendly in terms of song structure.

Awesome dude! Yes I'd absolutely LOVE to hear what you can do over top of it man. I heard some of the clips you had and was very impressed.

And you are too kind :)

Also, I agree. The video teaser song is amazing dude. It's one of my favorites we have.

that video teasor song is awesome indeed

makes me wonder why no decent singer would want to audition for this kind of stuff...
maybe the problem is that you guys don't really know what you're looking for, because from what I read I still can't make a picture of what kind of singer you're searching tbh
if you dont know what you're looking for it's hard to see it when you've found it ^^

We're looking for a singer who will help us sell records. Jordan and Bone (Still remains) do not want to start out touring in a van. They hated that when they were in still remains. Right before stilly broke up, they were in a bus and they loved it.

We just want to play good music, and make good money doing it!

We're looking for somebody along the lines of avenged sevenfold/bullet for my valentine. Sort of korny but it'll be fun!

We REALLY want to brainwash Casey Sabol into being our singer, but he's not budging.

What happened to *** guy? :(

Yikes! Edit that dude. haha Can't have that leaking

Basically he's wanting a break for a while.. He's totally burnt out from touring.

We're still praying to god for him. Just not 100% sure yet.

Do you think you could upload it in full quality (either 320kbps MP3 or WAV) to somewhere like Dropbox? That file is only 128kbps.

EDIT: Also sent you a PM about something.

Unfortunately, no :(

That's the only file I have on my computer. It's just a demo recording right now, so I guess it'll have to do.

I replied to ya btw. :)

I wouldn't bother to apply,

if a band heard 2000 (!!!) people and still couldn't find anyone,
they're either indecisive,perfectionists,difficult to work with,etc...
seriously...

I wouldn't bother to apply,

if a band heard 2000 (!!!) people and still couldn't find anyone,
they're either indecisive,perfectionists,difficult to work with,etc...
seriously...

Perfectionists, yes of course. We like to have fun with the music, but when it comes to finding the perfect person, we have to. We don't want to spend months at a time with a complete asshole who we can't get along with. And we want the perfect singer so we can actually make money doing what we love.

I'm DEAD serious when I say 95% of the auditions were just... sub par.

2000 auditions for vocals sounds as productive as doing 2000 takes of a guitar solo while recording a song. If 95 percent of them totally suck, that means that 100 of them were acceptable. More than one of those dudes is probally cool to be around. Your being way to picky.

But on a brighter note Crillenamen's singing is really good and I just listened to your soundclick link and think your playing rules. Hopefully you guys can make something work together.

I was a perfectionist myself,until I realized that more often than not this is counter productive habit.Some people pointed it out to me clearly that what I do is good enough and even better for my level,and it would be better spend the time moving forward,instead of wasting time fine tuning every detail,(often insignificant)

One thing which helps to get rid of unnecessary perfectionism like no other is having a strict deadline.