What do you guys think of this singer?

NSGUITAR

Oct 26, 2009
I'm thanking Anssi (ahjteam) for showing this guy to me.

I like the band a lot, but this singer is somebody that Anthem Alone has been looking at. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
I dig his voice quite a bit, and he's got a solid front-man thing going on.

If you can make his accent less pronounced, you're golden. Could use some growls in your tunes though, no?

Yes, I agree. I'll have to bring that up to him.

I got the growls/balls down haha. But there is one song that he screams, from his band's myspace.

Oh btw, EDWARD is breaking up quite soon, that's why we're considering him an option.

Really cool voice. Quite a thick Finnish accent, though, and stylewise he doesn't seem exactly like a metal dude. How are you gonna deal with the distance, or are you not going to be gigging?

Yeah, we'll be gigging. We're willing to fly whoever out here to rehears and such. And so far, all of the out of country people said they'd be willing to move to the USA for it.

He sounds a bit... forced in the clip. Could be he was just nervous auditioning for guys he doesn't know. Still dig the voice!

My thoughts exactly. I Like what he's doing. Very mainstream sounding really. He told me he recorded the takes all by himself at home. I really want to hear what he does with harmonies, because what he did in edward was astounding.

He sounds like he could do some cool stuff with a bit of guidance. There are some notes on his audition that seem a bit off, but maybe that's my shitty ears.

He also seems like he could do really well in some shampoo commercials if he doesn't get the gig with your band.

Oh yea, and do make him lose the eyeliner. Tell him you're going for a fan base that's a bit broader than the 14-18 year old female demographic. :D