What do you guys think of this? Some buddies´ band

jangoux

May 9, 2006
Guys,

A few buddies are releasing their CD in a couple of weeks and they recorded a video with some guys who did a few Slipknot videos. Here is the link:

What do you guys think of this - the video and the music ?

They call themselves ´amazonia metal´, because err...we´re from amazonia hehe There´s a possibility they go major label.

Btw, guitar was a that Les Paul-ish LTD on amplitube :loco:

CHeers
Ivan

Last edited by a moderator:
ahahah no offense at all, I don't like it either. I just want you guys opinions :D

The riffs are cool imo, but I don't like the vocals at all.. damn those women with dark voices :lol: ;) Video is pretty cool.
Wouldn't call their music horrible at all though it's generally not my type of music.
I'd rather call this other band posted on here recently horrible *cough* Betraying the Martyr *cough*

The riffs are cool imo, but I don't like the vocals at all.. damn those women with dark voices :lol: ;) Video is pretty cool.
Wouldn't call their music horrible at all though it's generally not my type of music.
I'd rather call this other band posted on here recently horrible *cough* Betraying the Martyr *cough*

Doesnt the main riff remind you of something from AIC latest CD?

Wasn't gonna troll that other thread, but I felt like someone threw a pot of cum on my face through the screen.
Hahahaha I just lost it :lol: I felt pretty similar but didn't want to be the grumpy, ranting dickhead. I showered three times after watching the video, though and I'm still considering putting condoms in my ears so they won't get raped again. :mad: (Not that it would be any use but at least I'd have a little protection) lol

@jangoux: This maybe a dumb question but what's AIC? Alice in Chains? Never even heard a song :D

I can only speak one language (and I applaud all of you that are multi-lingual) because I am unititated but most metal bands I listen to aren't from an English speaking country and they sing English lyrics because it seems as if most of the world speaks English. Seems it's kind of limiting especially if they are seeking "major label" attention. Wouldn't the label think the sales would be fairly finite? I guess there always is "For All Tid" and "Stormblåst" and they got Dimmu going but as soon as they got on Nuclear, all English except for a couple tracks.

Hahahaha I just lost it :lol: I felt pretty similar but didn't want to be the grumpy, ranting dickhead. I showered three times after watching the video, though and I'm still considering putting condoms in my ears so they won't get raped again. :mad: (Not that it would be any use but at least I'd have a little protection) lol

@jangoux: This maybe a dumb question but what's AIC? Alice in Chains? Never even heard a song :D

Yeah, Alice in Chains. I think the song is Check my Brain. The main riff has that bendy thing.

Btw, what thread is this one you guys are mentioning ?

Dunno. I do like the vocals and the riffs, but somehow I feel the instrumental bit and outro (shouting 1 word over and over again) should have been replaced by a solo and another verse/chorus. And I hate it when I can't understand the lyrics.
So, not bad, but I wouldn't buy it.

I totally dig it! The video and the music. Liked the riffs, the production, the girl. I love this kind of very simple and raw metal, without solos, lead guitars or fancy arrangements. I don´t usually like clean female vocals on metal (last one I can remember was Syang on P.U.S.) but this one is ok.

Oh, and major LOL at 0:19

Seems it's kind of limiting especially if they are seeking "major label" attention. Wouldn't the label think the sales would be fairly finite

Not in Brazil. It´s very hard for a band singing in english to hit mainstream here. Only band I´ve worked that hit Top 10 MTV and got signed by a major (Universal Music) was 100% in portuguese. The only song that was in english (it was a cover) was cut from the album.

I totally dig it! The video and the music. Liked the riffs, the production, the girl. I love this kind of very simple and raw metal, without solos, lead guitars or fancy arrangements. I don´t usually like clean female vocals on metal (last one I can remember was Syang on P.U.S.) but this one is ok.

Oh, and major LOL at 0:19

Not in Brazil. It´s very hard for a band singing in english to hit mainstream here. Only band I´ve worked that hit Top 10 MTV and got signed by a major (Universal Music) was 100% in portuguese. The only song that was in english (it was a cover) was cut from the album.

What band was that?

I agree with this.

Though not with this.

I'm all about personal opinion. And about respecting bands even when I don't enjoy their music, if they've obviously put a lot of work into it. :D