Rant: I just kicked half my band...

Erik Monsonis

Nov 18, 2006
Mexico City
www.darkhouseaudio.com
Hi everyone!!

That's it. We just kicked our singer and drummer in the middle of the recording of the album.

We've been 2 years together as a band and now we decided to take different ways. The reasons... hundreds, but let's keep it simple:

We have been since August trying to get the singer record the vocals for the songs. So far we had one song done. ONE DAMN SONG. When my bassist asked for an explanation about why didn't they (drummer and singer) came to rehearshals they just answered "we weren't in the mood" and my band had booked a concert for next tuesday.

So far the drummer can't play one of the songs since a year or so that they started practising it. He was just lazy to learn it, and the singer's performance wasn't anything better than just average.

After a lot of personal issues with the band, and in the middle of the fucking recording they just "weren't in the mood". We've been working on this for 2 fucking years and now they want to give up. Imagine how frustrating is for us now to find a new good drummer and a good singer. We just got emailed by Napalm records via our manager and they seemed to be very interested in us. Now it's just gone.

So, what can I say now... rinse and repeat.:(
Now we're going to start auditioning musicians (I hate that part...)

FML :guh:

Cheers!:wave:

I'm sorry for you dude, but at least this way you have an opportunity to hire a singer that's easier to understand; I have to say that was my one caveat about your music was that I had no idea what was being said with the vocals.

On that note, you're pretty good at singing arent you? Have you thought about doing that as well as guitar?

Sorry to hear that man. But take this as an opportunity to find people who will actually give a shit about the band in two years time from now!

Wow man, that totally sucks ass! I really liked your singer! Her accent gave her vocal some nice character. Find some people more dedicated to their instrument! It is incredibly frustrating, yes. I recently dissolved my band because we couldn't play the songs consistently at all! When our drummer didn't show up frequently and we had to use a drum machine, we sounded listenable ( :/ ) but all together we sounded like ass. Being in a band, or trying to get a band together can really suck sometimes.

I think it'll be for the best in the end, man. You guys have the drawing power to find a much better singer, that can compete on an international level. I always thought there was a disparity between the quality of your riffs and the singing.

Drummers... are a dime a dozen. You'll land on one eventually. Until then you can always count on Mr. Slate to get you through the recording procedure :)

Had the same during the last months, drummer and singer both left the band, 2nd guitarist got kicked. Now we found a new singer and it's incredible how much inspiration and drive he brings to the rehearsals and music. Had problems with the old members too (not in mood to visit rehearsals and stuff) and i think that was the best thing, that could have happened to us. So keep your head up and eyes open, you might take a huge advantage of this.
but we're still looking for a drummer - shitty little city only has a few and they're already involved in other bands :bah:

oh btw - first post. hay guise!

really bad timing that is, sorry to hear that man!
I liked her voice, but yeah I also couldnt understand much of the words...didnt care too much though^^

but an unmotivated singer/drummer is as much useless as having no singer/drummer.
as far as I understood, you're not at your bands place right? so you can't do every concert? I guess if you would have been there all the time they would be gone allready much longer...

My bassist just came from auditioning a new drummer. AWESOME.
He had a Dream Theater cover band, studied Viola in the conservatory in Madrid, knows about music, used to play to a click...

Nice :D

Edit: I just realize that it took me 4 days to get awesome musicians due to having decent material recorded (took me 3 years to get ok musicians without a good produced demo)