This is fucking rotten ;)

Ima record my version of this tomorrow (or maybe today if I have time).

I can hit the At the Gates tones fairly well, methinks :p

Do you mind if I put in some low dubs in there as well? Make a bit more scary.

P.S. Your tone is wayyyy too grainy for the song IMO.

Ima record my version of this tomorrow (or maybe today if I have time).

I can hit the At the Gates tones fairly well, methinks :p

Do you mind if I put in some low dubs in there as well? Make a bit more scary.

P.S. Your tone is wayyyy too grainy for the song IMO.

Agree the tone is not the ultimate Swedish tone, it can be polished a bit more.
I uploaded the multi tracks so people can play with it and do whatever they want ;).

Well cheap stuff that sounds so great!!
Guitars is a burny lespaul from the 80's with 81 in the bridge, 85 in the neck position.
Bass is a Squier vintage modified jazzbass (stock pickups).

Guitar chain
DI: burny Les Paul -> littlelabs red eye-> digi003 preamp
Reamp: digi003 -> littlelabs red eye -> into boss hm-2 taiwan model (everything maxed besides the high knob backed off a little bit) -> bugera 333 clean channel-> harley benton cab-> sm57-> presonus digimax LT-> digi003 adat in

Bass chain:
DI -> littlelabs red eye -> digi003 preamp

Drums are all Metal Machines blended with Slate kick10, snare11b + snare14 + a little bit of metal machines snare(formoartact).

clean guitar failed, i just threw some random amplitube preset and EQed +10 in teh highs [insert yao ming meme]

Cheers

Didn't have much time to do this, so I only did the beginning vox. I changed pitches on some parts, though, cause the vocals are pretty much all the same pitch in the original.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4018922/Vocal Progress/BlindedByFear_vox.mp3

I did it in like 5 minutes, almost all of it is one take. Haven't had much to drink today, so my throat is a bit scratchy. Not really satisfied with my tone right now, but I just wanted to see if I could get that shrieky tone before I committed more time to it :p

recorded some vocals for my band today, 6 hours of screaming, so my vocal chords are a bit stressed.
Gonna try it sometime this week, that song is pretty great so I am really interested ;)

Didn't have much time to do this, so I only did the beginning vox. I changed pitches on some parts, though, cause the vocals are pretty much all the same pitch in the original.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4018922/Vocal Progress/BlindedByFear_vox.mp3

I did it in like 5 minutes, almost all of it is one take. Haven't had much to drink today, so my throat is a bit scratchy. Not really satisfied with my tone right now, but I just wanted to see if I could get that shrieky tone before I committed more time to it :p

evil ;)
I think working on it a bit more you can nail it ;)

dude, do it! Your voice is perfect for this! Did you check my try? :popcorn:

Thanks mate, I LOVE old Gothenburg melodeath and I can't wait to record vocals now that most of the rest of the mix is done.

Gonna check your cover tomorrow fo sho dude, didn't even read the thread so I didn't see you posted one haha.

P-E said:
Thanks mate, I LOVE old Gothenburg melodeath and I can't wait to record vocals now that most of the rest of the mix is done.

Gonna check your cover tomorrow fo sho dude, didn't even read the thread so I didn't see you posted one haha.

Just a shot at the first verse, it sucked so I didn't post the whole thing, still thought I'd share though