Anyone interested in mixing this?

Just a little tidbit of info, I originally mixed this in Nuendo 3, well I finally was able to get Nuendo 4 and opened the same raw files in 4 and instantly noticed a much more punchy and polished sound! Just FYI. MAybe I'm crazy.

...andy why do you think that is? ;) They are pitched fifth above the original track. Looks like the first few were too loud, I originally had them a bit quieter. But how does it sound otherwise to you?

you want to pitch them a third up. Standard

Just a little tidbit of info, I originally mixed this in Nuendo 3, well I finally was able to get Nuendo 4 and opened the same raw files in 4 and instantly noticed a much more punchy and polished sound! Just FYI. MAybe I'm crazy.

you should pull up all the files in nuendo 3, with all pans at center at faders at 0 and export the track

then do the same in 4 and do a null test to see if there really is a difference

don't worry, i don't think anyone bothered with mine either

it was still nice to fuck around w/ something that didn't have blastbeats though, lol

lol lets just comment on eachothers

UPDATE: ok i listened to yours
sounds like you either limited with the master or you just compressed wrongly with the cymbals
go a bit lighter
and your mix seems a bit dark (exept the acoustic)
maybe brighten it a bit :)

good luck :kickass:

sounds like you either limited with the master or you just compressed wrongly with the cymbals
go a bit lighter

Nobody commented on mine either but that's pretty normal haha.

go a bit lighter

yea i knew the cymbals were pumping from the comp. on the OH tracks, but i couldn't be bothered to fix it

also, i didn't touch the acoustic tracks at all, so...

Righto, I had a go at it but haven't been able to upload till now.

My Mix

Things I already know:
1. Where that bass synth comes in, the mix gets really boomy
2. Snare could be fatter
3. Electric guitars are kind of brittle

I really appreciate you posting the files Morgan, it was fun and a great opportunity to develop/try new skills and techniques.