this is insane...the first Star Trek movie was TURKISH!

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
I can't link pics because of SA.com, but what the fuck!

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2146

Turkey is one of several countries including Mexico and, to a lesser extent, India that has a great love for American cinema but lacks the funding for their movies to compete in terms of quality. I have heard of Turkish versions of Spider Man and Super Man, but this film is a uniquely Turkish version of the original "Star Trek". What makes it especially bizarre is that this movie is one installment of a series of movies that have nothing to do with Star Trek. They are about a filthy doofus in a smashed hat named "Turist Omer" who ends up in wacky situations. In the case of this film he ends up in a really bad version of Star Trek where Captain Kirk looks like he's made out of candle wax and Leonard Nimoy's character has become "Mister Spak". Just by virtue of the fact that it's Turkish you can expect abysmally bad special effects and cinematography as well as a nigh-incoherent plot.

and in further news spanning the globe:

Pork fat and chocolate:yummm

_40295251_salo203.jpg
Yeah, I know it looks like a Mounds bar, but it ain't even close

Pork choc on the menu in Ukraine

By Helen Fawkes BBC, Ukraine

Dasha prods the 's' shaped chocolate bar in front of her.

You can understand why she's in no rush to eat it - the Ukrainian student has just been served pork fat covered in chocolate. "It's salty on the inside and very sweet on the outside. It's unusual yes, but it's completely disgusting," says Dasha Khabarova.
Forget deep-fried Mars bar. One of the unhealthiest snacks in the world can now be found in Ukraine. For years people here have loved pork fat, known as salo. Normally, small slices of the white fat are eaten with black bread, raw garlic and vodka. But this new twist is designed to appeal to Ukraine's love of all things fatty.

Eurovision fan

For the equivalent of £1 you can now get four small sticks of salo covered in chocolate at Kiev's poshest Ukrainian restaurant. "Our head chef likes to experiment so now we have this new creation." says Roman Novitski, the manager of Tsarske Selo restaurant. "It's turned out quite well, and most people seem to like it."

After Ukraine's victory at the Eurovision song contest, Kiev is gearing up to welcome thousands of visitors from Europe. Chocolate salo is likely to be one of the dishes they are offered especially as Ruslana, Ukraine's winning entry is a fan of it.

And you can also get hold of the sweet salo - nicknamed Ukraine's Snickers - in Ruslana's home city of Lviv in Western Ukraine.

"I love it as it's unusual. I was given the first serving of Lviv's chocolate salo. Perhaps they were testing my bravery, but I ate it and I'm still alive!" Ruslana laughs.

But the chocolaty pork fat should come with a health warning, according to Dr Svetlana Fus from the Kiev Medical Research Centre. "It's the worst combination you could have. I think that people should steer clear of the Ukrainian Snickers."​

i never thought to recommend this to you, but yeah—you would TOTALLY love a book called 'Mondo Macabro', which should be readily available in any borders/b&N/condomworld/et al. a pretty comprehensive overview of obscure world trash stuff and good pics. and it is cheap.

MM is also a DVD label too.

i keep meaning to get turkish films.

so i called my dad and was reading that chocolate pork fat thing to him and he was like 'that's NOTHIN!' and grossed me out like 10 times more.
lesson learned.