This is my thread of photos from Memorial Day Weekend.

Shpongled

Aug 30, 2001
I didn't do anything special this year. I decided to let all the other jerks in this city leave and me and a buddy took the place over for the weekend. I didn't do anything Friday, and Saturday I just had a bunch of friends over for UFC. Sunday was when the real adventuring started. Started the day with a game of softball and then about an hour and a half of taking fly balls. It was great.

ballbag01.jpg

After that I met up with a friend and we ripped our longboards around downtown for a while. We stopped at Myrtle Edwards park to have a beer and a bowl on the rocks.

sound01.jpg

Note the sleeper in this pic:
sound02.jpg

sound03.jpg

My favorite picture of the weekend:
sound04.jpg

sound05.jpg

Then we hit the waterfront.
waterfront02.jpg

waterfront03.jpg

Then on Monday we randomly hopped on the Vashon ferry and went to the island for more longboarding.

vashon01.jpg

A very ferry thing to do.
vashon02.jpg

Ferry was virtually empty. We had front row seats the whole way across.
vashon03.jpg

vashon04.jpg

vashon05.jpg

Once we got to Vashon Island we stopped at the Mexican restaurant right at the terminal. I had a Tecate and a cheeseburger. 7/10
vashon06.jpg

We sat outside where it overlooked the water. Our junk ended up here for the duration of eating festivities.
vashon07.jpg

This guy had a nest on the roof directly above where we were sitting, so he hovered around a lot.
vashon08.jpg

Turns out the trip was kind of a failure because Vashon is all steep hills and 50mph traffic with tiny shoulders, which doesn't make for good longboarding. We mainly just walked our way back to the ferry in a big circle.
vashon09.jpg

Castlebox?
vashon10.jpg

vashon11.jpg

Back at the ferry terminal.
vashon12.jpg

vashon13.jpg

This is weird.
vashon14.jpg

vashon15.jpg

vashon16.jpg

Back in West Seattle at Lincoln Park for more beerz.
vashon17.jpg

The sky was pretty trippy.
lp01.jpg

So we jumped shit.
kevjump01.jpg

kevjump02.jpg

All in all, a 10/10 weekend!

Good shit Kevin and nice pics!

Is Vashon still yuppyville U.S.A. or has it changed over the years? It's been probably a good 10 years since I've been there. I remember waiting in line to get on the ferry to head back and watching a chick's head going up and down in the truck ahead of us. Lucky bastard behind the wheel was getting head whilst waiting in line.