this is stupid.

chaveta

Dec 31, 2001
Visit site
i got banned from the UM hub.

all i did was move my folders from one hard drive to the other [bought a new one], so then, i open up DC and log into the UM hub so that i could change the directories so people could get stuff from me, and i get a message from a "jay-tee" saying that i've been banned FOREVER, for 'fake sharing', stupid asshole didn't even allow me to explain.

so, now i can't get the Opeth live in Inferno vid i wanted.

anyway, does anyone know of hubs where i could get movies? [not concerts, just movies]

see if you can get in touch with transfixed and get this all cleared up. don't give up on the UM hub just yet :). The mods there have to deal with alot and that may cause them to be a bit rash at times, and sometimes abusive of their power.. but just try to get it cleared up.

It's a script. It instantly bans anyone fake sharing when they enter the HUB. So yeah, it probably can be cleared up, but it wasn't power abuse. :)

Where did you want to download the inferno show from opeth.....because I cant find it on the umltimate metal server (paladin.sublevels.net)

i found it there.
i'll see about getting it cleared up.

but what was the website where the Inferno show was up for streaming? i remember someone posted about Immortal and said opeth was next... does anyone have a link to that?

Chaveta:

it's automated. I didnt single you out or anything, but for future reference, here's a bit of technical info for you. When you start dc, it opens your preferences and checks all the 'shared' folders for content, adds it up, stuff like that, then creates your share list. This is done at startup.

In order to get banned like you did, this is what had to have happened. You first started dc, and didnt log into any hubs. This generated your share list. AFTER STARTING DC, you moved a lot of stuff around. Then, instead of going into the settings manager and adjusting your share (which would have been the right thing to do), you joined the hub with an invalid share list. You got called on it, and subsequently banned.

Basically, you used the software in the worst possible way possible, effectively breaking it by doing a series of actions that made no sense at all logically. Please don't blame me for your ineptitude with your software.

Your nick has been unbanned, but i have no idea what your IP address is.

no, everytime i start dc i inmediately log into paladin.sublevels.net its not on my favs.. uh cuz i dont konw hwo to add any, so i always type it in.

i MIGHT have not changed my settings till after i logged in, but i am 100% sure, that i moved all my folders prior to opening DC, i know this because i closed all my P2P programs [kazaa, DC and soulseek] moved all my folders, and then started them all up, and went through each one, making the changes.

i'm sorry for calling you out, but i was mad and i had a reason to be.

i appreciate you unbanning my name but my IP address is still banned.

anyway... good movie hubs?

chaveta said:
i got banned from the UM hub.

all i did was move my folders from one hard drive to the other [bought a new one], so then, i open up DC and log into the UM hub so that i could change the directories so people could get stuff from me, and i get a message from a "jay-tee" saying that i've been banned FOREVER, for 'fake sharing', stupid asshole didn't even allow me to explain.

so, now i can't get the Opeth live in Inferno vid i wanted.

anyway, does anyone know of hubs where i could get movies? [not concerts, just movies]

You desrved it you fake sharer

God, shut the fuck up, if i'm a fake sharer then why the fuck did i tell EVERYONE on this forum to download shit off of me in soulseek? why did i not only give out the link to where you could download the program, but gave out my screen name, and even looked for a program to play back the videos.

i never fake share, i hate people that want stuff but won't give in return.

please shut the fuck up.

DieselMachine said:
well, in win9x/me:
start->run->winipcfg->ip address

in nt/2k/xp:
start->run->cmd->ipconfig /all->ip address

pm it to me on UM and ill get ya back in. sorry for the problems!

hmm, you could always go to

www.whatismyip.com and it tells you... I know that proxy servers etc. can change that but still, it's simple :)