This is uncanny.

requiem

I bleed sir, but not killed
Jul 6, 2001
Australia
Not to harp too much about Antimatter on the Anathema forum or anything, but if I'm not mistaken, that little keyboard thing on the last song on Antimatter's album is EXACTLY the same as the last song on Alternative 4!!!

Anyone else noticed this? I know it's Duncan Patterson both times, but even he'd notice that he's ripping himself off.

I almost started singing, "I tried to murder the lonely" just now!!

There are three ripp offs from Duncans Anathema Era in saviour. I have only found two and they are Eternity Part II and Destiny in the song "Going Nowhere". Accordingly to Duncan there should be a part from the song "A Dying Wish" somewhere i think.
We discussed this in the French Antimatter forum...or was it the Yahoo Antimatter E-group....dont remember.

So it's a deliberate thing? I've noticed a few similarities but just discounted them as coincidences etc. After all, it's his writing style, but the 'Destiny'/'Going Nowhere' keyboard thing is pretty blatant.

I wonder why he's done it?

Thanks! *rubs hands together in plagiarist glee*

They were obviously careful to break completely away from Anathema and release an entirely new collection of tracks...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by cedarbreed
The ' Dying Wish ' part is also in ' Going Nowhere ' and it starts at 5'07 !

I just checked it and you're totally right, man.

The 'Destiny' rip-off thing is on the same track at 1.55 and continues for most of the song. If you didn't already know, of course.

Yeah man I already knew , thanks anyway ;-)
By the way I first heard the song ' Going Nowhere ' as an intoduction to the show in Paris December 8th 2001 and at that time I did not know it was antimatter so I named it ' Eternity Part II remix ' in the set-list I posted on this forum ( Mega also put it in the tour dates sections but soon renamed it Going Nowhere by Antimatter ) eloquent isn't it ? ;-)

Oh yeah something else : WHAT THE F......KKKKKKKK !! DANNY IS WILLING TO COME BACK IN ANATHEMAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!! FINGERS CROSSED ...

So you're saying that Anathema were playing Going Nowhere as the opening song during their live shows?

That's pretty odd....

OOPS misunderstanding ....
i did not mean they PLAYED it as the opening song , it was the CD that was being played as background music when the came on stage