This is why I don't post on this board

Well, I've worked with the guy and know 1st hand how good his ear is, and he's produced Bruce Springsteen.

1) if his ear is so good then why didn't he hear that WCFYA sucked?
2) TGOTE-production sucks
3) he hasn't produced Bruce Springsteen, he has only produced Jesse Malin with guest vocals by Bruce Springsteen.
4) he should learn Spitz's solos
5) he should convince Spitz to return to Anthrax
6) he should take off his gay-cap:lol:

3) he hasn't produced Bruce Springsteen, he has only produced Jesse Malin with guest vocals by Bruce Springsteen.

1. It doesn't suck.
2. I like the rawness on it, but I can see what you mean.
3. ...and unfortunately even The Boss couldn't make Jesse Malin not-whiny.
4. Yes, he should.
5. From what I saw on the reunion tour, he should not.
6. I agree.

1.) WCFYA sucked? I guess I'll file that under what ironmaiden09 said about opinions...
2.) Ironic you say that... it was cut live in the studio. I don't even think there were many overdubs. The vibe of the record was to recapture the dry, raw production of the '80s sound of Anthrax w/ John on vox. Kind of ironic that all of this is lost on the fans who favor the Joey/Danny era (and I'm not saying it is wrong to prefer one era over the other).
3.) The Boss didn't walk in w/ his own producer. Rob still tracked and produced his vocals.
4.) To a degree, but not all of Danny's solos were that great/in tune. Some of the best ones he played were the one's Charlie wrote and charted for him on SOWN.
5.) No.
6.) Yeah, and while he's at it the whole band should dig out Jams and OP shirts. :D

Why is it that Bush era fans can get behind both lineups, but pre-Bush fans slag away? Kind of like how Yankee fans will pull for the Mets, Giants fans for the Jets, but not the other way around.

I don't know of many other guitarists out there in the current metal scene that have put together thematic/anthemic leads like Rob did on "Anyplace But Here" and "Safe Home." Just sayin'...

3.)

Caggiano is technically better than Spitz. But Spitz did have his unique style which fit to Anthrax and it's very hard to copy. However, these days he's more likely to return to mental institution than return to Anthrax.

Hello?

I used to post here too but I got weary of the yo-yo that the Anthrax seem to be playing with the singer/album situation and all the ensuing comments that Johnnieczech covered pretty well in his post.

I used to be a biiiiiig Anthrax fan - buying records and swag, streetteaming and going to the shows - now I don't care as much. I'll sure look into the new record but I just don't care as much as I used to. This band used to mean something - used to have a force behind its music, behind its songs and all ... now its just .. eh....

just my two cents.

c y'all!

mental

JonnieCzech isn't that the emo fag who said he wasn't going to ever post here again? LOL. Welcome back.

I saw footage from the Sonisphere show in the Czech Republic. It looks like the crowd was having a horrible time. Don't know how they got through it. Nobody was even standing up or cheering. Looks like it was a huge dissapointment. I don't know how Anthrax can continue on. Obviously no interest now that their most recognizable vocalist is back in the band.

Here is some footage of that show. I feel bad for the guys in Anthrax it looked so horrible. If you look closely enough in the video you can see JonnieCzech in the back row with a dildo up his ass holding up a poster of John Bush

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyLaiBSAVWM

a hahahahahahahah

used to lose record contracts because of lacking success.

Yes. But there was also a shift in personel at Elektra, metal was seen as a sore thumb by the mid 90s, and less promotion was given - one could argue it would be hard to have major label success with virtually no promotion. Though I would agree that Stomp just isn't up to par with any of the other Bush records.

Losing the 2nd record label was a result of the label itself going under. Not BECAUSE of Anthrax...the label was already on it's way out. The morons signed a shit deal and didn't realize it. The record label was bankrupt within weeks of Vol 8's release. And it wasn't Vol. 8 that bankrupted them - they clearly had issues from the getgo - for example, the version of the album released was the EDITED clean version ONLY. The regular version with all of the profanity intact wasn't released officially in the states until the reissue on Sanctuary in 2003. Though a promo copy did leak early on that was unedited. Maybe some of the import versions were fine, I'm not sure?

They never really lost their next label (as far as being dropped from a functioning label)...Beyond - they went under as well, and they had a lot of artists, reissuing albums, etc...Anthrax didn't pull them under with a greatest hits record and two reissues that took virtually no money to put together.

Then, they never really got dropped from the Sanctuary deal either. Sanctuary just started signing EVERYONE under the sun at this point (thus, spending less and less to promote each act, thus, sales of ALL of their records became disappointing. The decline was inevitable), and they went under too, just after the reunion with Joey.

Why is it that Bush era fans can get behind both lineups, but pre-Bush fans slag away? Kind of like how Yankee fans will pull for the Mets, Giants fans for the Jets, but not the other way around.
really? have you ever read Johnnie's inputs? he still can't get behind the classic lineup after all these years and it seems like he's still bitter that the 90's (Grunge, Techno, Stomp, Vol. 8, bell-bottoms, platform shoes) are over.

really? have you ever read Johnnie's inputs? he still can't get behind the classic lineup after all these years and it seems like he's still bitter that the 90's (Grunge, Techno, Stomp, Vol. 8, bell-bottoms, platform shoes) are over.

yes, I can't get behind the classic lineup which is Neil Turbin on vocals, Dan Lilker on bass and Greg D'Angelo on drums...go listen to some Twenty 4 Seven and calm down...