This is your shot...........

I beg and Plead and Bitch and whine like a little girl asking for your input and I just dont seem to get it.
Pretend you own Rapture Radio what do you do differantly?
Tell me what it is you think could be better what you would do to stir up some excitment.
Im banging my head against the wall to push thid as hard as I can and well I am not seeing the reults I had wished for.Someone out there has some ideas and I want to hear them! :confused:

Hmm...well if we took this hypothetical question:

So i've started rapture radio. One thing is to decide what music to play. I would do what you do and allow the listeners to e-mail me with suggestions in what we should play, but i would probably include a huge amount of Black, Death, Power, and some Viking metal, as those are some of the things i prefer in metal music are in those genres.

A few bands i suggest you could play stuff off of are: Falkenbach, Cannibal Corpse, Darkthrone, Hammerfall, Falconer, Bathory, Older immortal, Autopsy, Death, More Visions Devine, More Patologicum(a couple bands i've enjoyed listening to when i tuned in), ...And Oceans, More Opeth, Old Metallica would be cool, Dark Angel, Testament....i could come up with plenty bands old and new that i love and would probably want to put on a station myself. \m/ basically a lot of old school stuff. As for new stuff: Severed Savior, Behexen, Shadows Fall, Necrophagist, Cattle Decapitation, Vehemence, Iced Earth, Internecine

The contests are cool, perhaps more promotion will get more listeners. Maybe here on ultimate metal get some advertising going. Or even google ads can work sometimes. The amount of people won't be huge at first (i mean how many people do you know click ads) but if someone sees it and becomes interested (and you'll have that luck here at ultimate metal where people will want to tune in) they'll most likely check it out.

Those are just a couple things i would do if i was the owner of Rapture(hypothetically), perhaps update the site with more information. I'm not sure what that's been a problem with my site as well. I don't know what information to put. I don't have much experience with zines and doing interviews, i have no friends who are interested in interviewing bands and doing a zine and all so i couldn't do that. I could do a band index, but i wouldn't have time to manage it and add all these bands, much less the web space for it. Though anything more to add to the site that's metal related would be a cool idea. \m/

These are just my ideas though. If you want to work with some ideas go ahead, if not that's cool.

One request with something to take off is Atreyu. :p

Wow Wes, this is tough question. A few options of what I think would be an improvement:
- upgrade from 56K to 128K!!
- find a way that iTunes is displaying the songs
- daily updating the site
- links of unsigned bands on te site (maybe you can use my links)
- links for downloading MP3 songs (maybe you can use some of my links)
- let listeners more involved
- spread your name in linksections on various sites
- spread your banner more
- send bulk email to every address you know and get a chainreaction
- interview the bands that won the Sabbath and give them some space on your site
- pay money to listeners
- links to buy the selffinanced unsigned demos/albums
- sell merchandise
- spread stickers

and now suggestions from other viewers!!

Ok some great ideas lest go one by one though
1.Upgrading tho 128 would actually drop listners,Trust me on this one.

2.Itunes is not used by most people the free player from live365 is more commonly used and it does list the songs.

3.Links of unsighned bands,Yes very good

4.There actually is a place for mp3 downloading maybe we should highlight it better.

5.Dude we are linked all over the fucking place

6.Tons of email goes out weekly.

7.Shit I cqn hardly get the Sabbath bands to respond when I tell them they are on the Sabbath or evwen that they have won the Sabbath getting an interview should be a challange (Twan you up for saome interviews?)

8.Pay Money to listners is connected with merch/stickers.We do not have money to do these things.

Shadow of death:
1.Man I try to keep it as fdiverce as humanly possible and I play everything I have and rotate it as often as I can I even play Atreyu )By the way you hate it but everyone else is giving it 5 stars not kidding)

2.I guess we are goiong to have to go crazy with the site but this is something I nver consodered important I dont want people to come to the site I want them to LISTEN to the station.

Thanks guys we will start on this pronto.

I WANT 128KB!!!!! I WANT 128KB!!!!! I WANT 128KB!!!!! I WANT 128KB!!!!! I WANT 128KB!!!!! I WANT 128KB!!!!! I WANT 128KB!!!!!I WANT 128KB!!!!!I WANT 128KB!!!!!

I DO think the site is important. When you can attract people to the site and have the listenbutton everywhere in the same place people will hit it easier and more when they are surfing the site to have some music in the background. Thats why I want the autoplaybutton on my site!!!
Also if they hear a band that is interesting it is also interesting to know some more about them and so your site is the ideal place.

I now it is a lot of work the site but hey you are almost divorced so plenty of time ;)

thanks for all the input guys! Sometimes (especially with school starting) it was be next to impossible to update the site every day, but I think it could definatly be updated more often. We just figured most people didn't really care about the site. Also, Twan made a good suggestion in my email, many of the pics were HUGE because when I saved them they saved to bmps... etc i'm lazy to resize them etc.... so I did resize those and throw them back up there. But we will definatly be taking your suggestions into consideration and you'll see some changes to the page in the next couple weeks or so, thanks so much! And keep them coming!!!!!!!

128k.....wouldn't that be hell for most 56k users? At least with the slower 56k it comes in pretty clear than a higher speed.

I agree with putting up some classics. Doesn't have to be a lot of classic metal songs but once in a while throw in some classic stuff. :headbang:

The interviews idea is cool, but from the sound of it would be quite hard to do. If no one's responding to e-mails about it. :erk:

Testicle..........I mean ..............Twanicle.
Dude I cannot upgrade to 128 man we will lose like 95% of our listners now you wound me up a couple thousand listners and you got it dude!
Why dont you slam the Rapture banner real big under your logo on Brutalism.com and demand your readers listen fuc do a contest give away some prizes (I will supply Prizes).I put some Enya on the station for you sweety pie and WHERE IS MY FUCKING SHIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S.If you can supply me with some "classics" on cd you know my address send them with MY SHIRT!

Still I want 128kb....with my DSL line no problem but I understand your policy.

Let me know which classics you would like or do I have to make suggestions?

Your shirt has send last saturday so don't worry. I hope you fit the girlie seize.

Your banner will be bigger asap.

Contest is an option. I will think about that one.

Enya is too soft not even in my bedroom. I prefer Demis Roussos more.