this one goes for the americans (outsiders are welcome)

i hate and despise him and i voted for a candidate I hated and despised in 2000 (Gore) simply because it was against Bush, who i hated more. not that my vote mattered.

that said, although his domestic policies have been bad, they haven't been atrocious (see: Reagan for comparison). His foreign policy has been mixed between very good, very awful, and everything in between. he's not our best president by a long shot, but so far he's not our worst, either (and I'm weighing 20th-century presidents heavier than the earlier ones).

bush has basically said he was going to do something very good, and everyone has called his bluff and are waiting to see if he will, indeed, do what he should, or if everything is going to get mired in the interests of oil companies and fat-cat sheikhs. I think it's about 40-60 against Bush doing the right thing, but hey, 40% isn't terrible odds for things to go right, is it?

And I am eternally pleased when I think how much Bush and his fellow Republicans hated nation-building and intervention overseas before 9/11 and now they're forced to do it for the next four to eight years. Good.

i made this thread because for us (people out of north america) it seems that americans are in favor, they agree and stuff with all these Bush attitudes...what i couldn't believe...

oh, note that when i say "bush" i don't mean "george w. bush the person". I mean "the collection of puppet masters and entities that project themselves through the affable, malleable, dim vessel that is named george w. bush". I don't think Bush has been the author of a single one of his policies.

Originally posted by xfer
oh, note that when i say "bush" i don't mean "george w. bush the person". I mean "the collection of puppet masters and entities that project themselves through the affable, malleable, dim vessel that is named george w. bush". I don't think Bush has been the author of a single one of his policies.

neither me of course
: o )

I think that it might seem that Americans are more pro-Bush that we perceive ourselves because in many parts of the world, when you have a leader who's evil, he's like REALLY, COSMICALLY evil (Robert Mugabe, Syria's al-Assad, North Korea's Kim Jong-Il, China's, France's, Belgium's, Russia's, most of Africa's, most of the Middle East excluding maybe Jordan and Israel, but only maybe...etc. etc. etc.), not casually and selfishly evil like Bush. And I think even the anti-Bush Americans (ME) realise that. I mean, I detest Bush's tax cut, but I'm not going to join a freakin' coup against him because of it.

I thought so at first, but now I'm gleeful about it. Really, Bush? They're that evil? I agree, and now that you've said it, what are you going to do about it? Foster democracy, human rights, and change? Oh, no, that would fuck up your oil money and screw up your strategic position in South Korea, wouldn't it? Hey, what about the other evil countries that don't pay you as much to stay off the State Department List of Evil?

I'm calling his damn bluff and, unfortunately, I think he'll fold. Rhetoric after all.

Sam:
http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet...ve=RTGAM&site=Front&ad_page_name=breakingnews

Speechwriter Frum quits White House

By JOHN IBBITSON
From Tuesday's Globe and Mail

Washington — David Frum, the former Canadian journalist and speechwriter for U.S. President George W. Bush, has left the White House -- but not, he said Monday, because of an imbroglio surrounding his authorship of the phrase "axis of evil."

wazzupblam.gif