YOUR opinion of America & it's people

Originally posted by pagan2002
america is a babylonian hell hole and its common man is not the smartest little fucker on the planet.

Clearly not the smartest, but most definitely not the dumbest - not by any stretch of the imagination.

One must never forget this simple point: that for all of America's "laziness" & "ignorance", it still the world leader in technological & scientific advancement/invention, etc. Obviously, not all are "dummies".

My view of my country concerning this point is this:

"The cream always rises to the top". And that "cream" is the class of scientists, teachers, etc., that are actually thinking!
Although a great majority of Americans may, in fact, be ignorant of the world at large, there are countless others who are not.

Excuse me, but if there is one country that stands out in technology and medical treatments, its belgium. No bullshit! I'm dead serious.

its a bit hard to make general statements about a 220 millions people country. gather 20 of your mates who live in the same town in one room. then try to make one or two general statements about them. maybe then youll realise how hard it is to have an accurate picture from 220 millions people.

Originally posted by Mariner
Excuse me, but if there is one country that stands out in technology and medical treatments, its belgium. No bullshit! I'm dead serious.

What technology? You don't even make cars... :lol:

Originally posted by SoundMaster
One must never forget this simple point: that for all of America's "laziness" & "ignorance", it still the world leader in technological & scientific advancement/invention, etc. Obviously, not all are "dummies".
don't forget that USA attracts a lot of the world's brains with money and chance for a better life (and i think that there's nothing wrong with that) - especially those in the sillicon valey - i personally know people\programmers who work for Bill Gates in Denver...

Originally posted by sol83
I'm not saying smart people are evil. I think that how you behave and act is more important than how smart you are. That's all... :)
i guess you're right, coz probably there's a lot of scientists there that design weapons and that kinda stuff... althought there's nothing wrong in writing software for the right people of course not for Microsoft- it's funny how Bill Gates comes here in Bulgaria for the memory of John Atanasov and get a huge deal with the government for his software products!!:mad:

actually his software is not bad at all, but that arrogant monopolistic attitude really annoys me - and i prefer Linux (finnish product btw ;))

yeah I know, a mate of mine who is really into pc's and that uses linux too... and he also fuckin' hates Gates... :lol:

nah, linux is also weak and unstable - sometimes really pisses me off!!:lol:
My current os is MS XP pro... yours?

Millenium. But I'll get XP when I get me new PC somwhere in March... I don't "play" around with programs a lot though.. You know just the internet, word and excel for uni work, and a couple of games every once in a while... I'm not a pc freak. I pretty much hate 'em... But they're handy, you know...

i'm playing now a really great game called "Morrowind" with fantasy storyline and it's damn fucking amazing, i kinda lost myself into it :lol: