YOUR opinion of America & it's people

Originally posted by the_good_son141
its not that simple,a mass invasion took place and everyone was to be conquered by two countries.thats a reason.

My reasoning, in a nutshell, contained your statement. I meant fear of a totalitarianism regime which had "world rule" on it's agenda. If Europe were to fall, it only would have been a matter of time until the Axis may have decided to invade America. F.D.R. beat them to the punch!

Originally posted by ashure
it may be true.but Belgium is also good at keeping foreign criminals=killers in the country even though it's demanded to let go of them to their own countries to be punished.:rolleyes:

about those criminals that should be deported to turkey: its just because they are still using the death penalty.
think about that one.

yes,but this has nothing to do with what is about to happen now.its the other end.

@bambi:i was supposed to write that ireland would be the desert for hitlers appetite!i dont think you would get away from adolf in the end!

(damn quick post so to catch my final test)

Originally posted by Mariner
wrong :)
we have many carfactories in fact!
Honda, Volvo, Opel, Ford...

Honda is Japanese. Volvo is Swedish. Opel is German. Ford is UK/German/US...

do you have any carfactory in Greece? and its for certain 40 times bigger as Flandres :p
BTW Minerva was a sportscar!

@bambi:i was supposed to write that ireland would be the desert for hitlers appetite!i dont think you would get away from adolf in the end!

hitler wouldnt have cared where irish people would have gone, they wouldnt have gone away from him.

For the record, let me state that I'm a 25 year old American. I've lived in Texas for 24 of those years, and in Oklahoma for 1. I've never been to Europe, although I'd love to visit. I really have no preconceptions about Europeans being nice or rude, and I hate generalizing a people based on a few bad ones.

That being said, I find it funny when Europeans (or the world) judge Americans based solely on Bush's actions, CNN, and what they see on TV (John Wayne movies, Baywatch), when those same Europeans have never been to the US.

Originally posted by SoundMaster
The vast majority of gun owners, more likely than not, are Southerners. America is, geographically speaking, a big place. And with that great size comes differentiation in different geographical "zones". For example, the American Northeast (New York, Massachusettes, Maryland, Maine, New jersey, Pennsylvania, etc) is much more liberal & democratic than the conservative, god-fearing South (home of Bush's biggest supporters). The South is where guns rule supreme & where new ideas are non-existant. If I were a European wishing to travel to the U.S., I'd avoid the South at all costs.
The West coast (California, Nevada, etc), for the most part, is more free-thinking as well.

Talk about horrible generalizations. Jeez man, have you ever been to the South, or are you basing this on movies you've seen? Hell, you might be one of these dumbasses that think people in Texas ride horses everywhere and that we all wear cowboy boots and cowboy hats and sit their chewin' tobacco while saying words like "y'all". I've visited New York and I must say that was the ugliest city I've visited. People are in such a hurry to get somewhere that they ignore you. Assholes.

About the gun issue. I don't own a gun. And to be honest, California has a much worse gun problem than the South. Get your facts straight.

What new ideas are non-existant in the SOuth? I'd like your input on this one. And if you say the death penalty, please try again.

If I sound angry, I apologize. It just annoys me to no end when someone generalizes things based on everything BUT fact. Carry on...

meepmeep wrraaaaaaaaaaoooooo
meepmeep mjaaaaaaauw
blablablabalbalablabalalababl
meep meep
meep meep
MEEP MEEP MEEP MEEP MEEP MEEP
I'm popeye the sailor man
I'm popeye the sailor man

Originally posted by Mariner
do you have any carfactory in Greece? and its for certain 40 times bigger as Flandres :p
BTW Minerva was a sportscar!

Of course we don't. But we are fuckin' poor, remember? :lol:

Originally posted by Dreamlord

Talk about horrible generalizations. Jeez man, have you ever been to the South, or are you basing this on movies you've seen? Hell, you might be one of these dumbasses that think people in Texas ride horses everywhere and that we all wear cowboy boots and cowboy hats and sit their chewin' tobacco while saying words like "y'all". I've visited New York and I must say that was the ugliest city I've visited. People are in such a hurry to get somewhere that they ignore you. Assholes.

About the gun issue. I don't own a gun. And to be honest, California has a much worse gun problem than the South. Get your facts straight.

What new ideas are non-existant in the SOuth? I'd like your input on this one. And if you say the death penalty, please try again.

If I sound angry, I apologize. It just annoys me to no end when someone generalizes things based on everything BUT fact. Carry on...

Sorry, DL, my apologies. Allow me to explain....

My post about the "south" was an "inside joke" meant for a friend of mine (who's a transplanted Southerner, living here in NY). We have this running joke about the "South" & the "North" - this was all meant in good fun! Sadly, he has yet to visit this thread, and I was HOPING that no one would take it seriously or take offense in it! Well, so much for that! I'm expecting to him to chime in soon....he's dying to read what Europeans, etc., have to say about America.

But, in all honesty, I actually have been to many Southern cities & deal in business with people all over the country. As it turns out, I do feel that, generally speaking, the "South" is far more conservative than the "North". Again, this IS an admitted generalization, however. I have many friends here in NY, who are staunch conservatives!
As for me, I ride a fine line between both sides - depends upon the issue(s) in question!

Originally posted by SoundMaster
Sorry, DL, my apologies. Allow me to explain....

My post about the "south" was an "inside joke" meant for a friend of mine (who's a transplanted Southerner, living here in NY). We have this running joke about the "South" & the "North" - this was all meant in good fun! Sadly, he has yet to visit this thread, and I was HOPING that no one would take it seriously or take offense in it! Well, so much for that! I'm expecting to him to chime in soon....he's dying to read what Europeans, etc., have to say about America.

But, in all honesty, I actually have been to many Southern cities & deal in business with people all over the country. As it turns out, I do feel that, generally speaking, the "South" is far more conservative than the "North". Again, this IS an admitted generalization, however. I have many friends here in NY, who are staunch conservatives!
As for me, I ride a fine line between both sides - depends upon the issue(s) in question!

Fair enough. :) Thank for your answer, you are a class act. I apologize for my crass response.

what about the netherlands/america/invasion?i didnt get a single word out of this line

you know (I hope) that there's a War Crimes Tribunal at The Hague.
(now very busy with former Yougoslavia)
The americans voted a law so that they can invade the Netherlands in case Americans (war criminals) are caught...
(and if they should be brought to trial)

Since you mentioned the Serbs, who happen to be near by by the way, I think you all know that Kosovo was bombed cos a not so pretty girl was sucking the president's dick. That's the only reason, I'm not joking... Well that and a good opportunity to test new missiles and aircrafts...