Sad day for America

shark22

RuffRyda
Oct 18, 2004
If any of you have been following American politics, you probably know by now that Bush won the election. This means more conservative policy, and further alienating America from the rest of the world. I am going to have a tougher time finding a job since the ecoomy stinks under Bush' policy. Iraq will still be a mess. The rich will get all the breaks and the middle class will continue to pay for all of Bush's fu*k ups. Bush even wants to make all forms of abortion illegal. I know this is not related to music, I just needed to get the point across that many Americans are furious with the way things are going here. :yell: Take care.

fuck the pain away....

but yeah, looking at what texas is like at the moment, and if bush is planning on bringing the whole no sex before marrage and no abortion and everyone read the bible crap to the rest of america, it mustn't be good.

Thanks for the responses. I will try to keep a positive attitude. I assume most of you are from somewhere in Europe, so you dont have to worry about all the conservative policies like we do over here?

yeah, very true.

thing is, living in england, the US election kinda effects me, because of Blair being such a faggot with bush

are you crazy man? this is not democracy at all: this is American Democracy, yo!
congratulations once again to a country where the vast majority of people truly believes they're better than the rest of the world. cheers to all of those who think that their dull, ancient "democratic" voting system is to be kept because it honors the past!!! *cough*morons*cough*
shark, i really feel for you, but what else did you expect, honestly?
and believe me, today is much a worse day for the rest of the world than for america.
i'm fucking scared :(

lumitalvi said:
"They" did something. Again.
nevershine said:
I know... maybe too much.
oh, come on... now you've seen too many episodes of x-files ;)
i don't really think there were any plots behind bush's victory: he just won, fair and square.
we europeans cannot understand the american point of view as that culture is very distant from ours.
what we could see through the media coverage was that kerry's entourage was no match against bush's.
however, what impressed me was the result of the popular vote which clearly shows that the united states
of america are not united at all, but split into two parts, and that might bring to an internal rebellion (hopefully non-violent), like horza suggested.
now i think i'll go have dinner.

Yeah our country really is divided right now. Kerry carried the entire northeast (I am from here), and also the west coast, and a few Great Lakes states. Bush got the entire south and southwest and everything in between. We are like two countires. A friend of mine joked:"We'll end up splitting into two countires, and the Liberals will have all of the brains, and the Bush people will have all of the food!" :ill: Btw, I find it amazing that so many Europeans know English, as well as their Native language. Here in the US, we have the option to learn another language but most people turn tail and run away at the thought. :D

Windom Pearl said:
Guess it's irrelevant who's the president cause it's other people who rule the country anyway.
Yeah, the conservatives knew that they could elect Bush and get him to carry out their bidding. I would have voted for Republican John McCain (maybeeven over Kerry), but he did not get the nomination.