This is Insane. I wish I lived in Canada.

No other country NOR UN should send troops to Iraq. UN was against the Iraq occupation in first place, so why should we help US now? Its your war, your burden. Also, it does not makes sense other countries sending troops to Iraq is US WILL NOT share power of decision or anything!! US wants other countries to help in exchange of nothing. US companies will get all the contracts to rebuild Iraq and to get Iraq oil...

AcesHigh said:
No other country NOR UN should send troops to Iraq. UN was against the Iraq occupation in first place, so why should we help US now? Its your war, your burden. Also, it does not makes sense other countries sending troops to Iraq is US WILL NOT share power of decision or anything!! US wants other countries to help in exchange of nothing. US companies will get all the contracts to rebuild Iraq and to get Iraq oil...

Brazil is on usa "to-do-list"!

Beware.

There are worse people in the world than Bush.

I see the Liberation of Iraq as a good thing because Hussein would have only gotten worse. Personally, I think the UN should be disbanded because this situation reminded me of Churchill and the rest of Europe against Hitler. They didn't let Churchill take Hitler out and you seen how that happened.

chemicalburn said:
Saddam had a very moderate non-theocratic government. Sure he was an asshole no-doubt, but you have to ask yourself, was it really worth it?

Moderate in the sense that he did not enforce Sharia, but rather less moderate in the civil liberties department. Saddam may have been non-theocratic but he was extremely autocratic. Members of the theocratic Iranian government, and the public, get away with saying things that you would be "disappeared" for in Baathist Iraq.

We have to stop measuring the evilness of countries by their relative Islamicness.

yes it was worth kicking his ass out, your talking about a guy who gassed his own ppl

its funny that americans bitch so much about this and about how they hate bush yet most iraqis love bush and are happy we came in there. all of these terrorist attacks and troops coming under fire are 90% from outside iraq

enough of this bickering for christ sake, theres nothing anybody can do about it, not me, not you, not a damn person so arguing about this is pretty trivial

I seriously do not see how you can compare Saddam and Hitler- it actually disgusts me.

First of all-Neville Campbell or whatever his fucking name is, is responsible for the appeasement of Hitler, sure, hindsight is 20-20, but in the end Hitler wanted more and they all knew it. Chamberlain had his own problems when he took over as Prime Minister, namely keeping his country from being conquered.

This time around with Saddam, WE were the aggressors- We initiated war-WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR INNOCENT DEATH. Not the other way around, and all of this based on the pretext of lies, DO NOT SAY THIS WASN'T ABOUT WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. It was exactly about that, Why did Bush say we wanted to invade-WMD. Why did he push this war through-WMD. What did he present to the UN as "proof"-WMD. And this war was to prevent what? An attack by WMD's that Saddam supposedly had kicking around. This is hardly appeasement BTW.

So, now we have won this psuedo war and what do we lack-WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. The aura of fear that the Gov't and media present to the American people is dispicable. Why is violent crime so high in the U.S? We are all scared shitless and being scared for so long about phantom threats tends to make poeple really fucking jumpy.

@-Gory Elephant-Please do not impose upon me your very limited views about what I stand for, I am not a liberal, in fact I am not a conservative, I refuse to box myself in by being apart of a very out-dated, out-moded belief system that pretends to paint things in black and white, but really blurs all lines and is exactly the same as it's counterparts. Nevr will I be subjugated to rules about the things I believe in, never will I be relegated to the rules of the game. Life is far more important than any political whore trend bullshit. I do not believe the lines that our Gov't feeds us daily- why? Because people lie, they lie all the fucking time, and what's worse, when someone finds out you are gullible, they lie to you all the damn time, human nature is a shitter. I don't trust any but me, because people will fuck you over, they will do it for any reason imaginable, and the most common reason is none- just to do it. Think about that while you try to rationalize political views that do not matter because your government does not care.

Reactions: Skippy
Gory Elephant said:
Sigh.... If by "imposing our ways on them" you mean the following:

1) Removing a murderuous tyrant from power
So who's going to remove Bush?
2) Working to give the people a system where, for the first time in their lives, they have a real say in how their country is run
It doesn't seem that anybody is listening yet, and I doubt anybody will until they've taken all of the oil reserves.
3) Setting up a system where people can engage in rigorous (and rancorous) discourse without fear of family members disappearing into torture chambers
Hmmmmm and this is with assistance from the same country that helped set up Pinochet's dictatorship in Chile? Nobody disappeared or got tortured there....[/QUOTE]
I can't believe I am getting myself sucked into this but, dude, it is not about the weapons of mass destruction
Then why is that the excuse that Bush used to declare war in the first place? God forbid he attack countries that actually had WMD like North Korea...just pick on the ones with oil, and no weapons to fight back with.

And for those that wished they lived in Canada, let me know when you come, and we'll have a beer. But remember to bring warm clothing...winter's coming :D

Reactions: Shannow
Another thing I've thought about that has only recently been brought up in the 'free press' is the Saudi Arabia issue. While it's obvious that they've had America by the nuts for decades as far as oil goes, the US military has also been largely dependent on them (and Kuwait) as a staging area for military operations in the middle east. With their ruling regime on the way out, their already questionable loyalty to us is on its way out as well. So not only was the US facing an oil crisis if/when Saudi Arabia undergoes their own 'regime change', our military also would have found themselves smack in a very hostile environment. If you think the US has problems with Muslim extremists now, imagine what the fuck would happen if we find ourselves involved in hostilities with SA...

So now we have plenty of oil, and plenty of real estate where we can park our tanks and airplanes. We also have a hand-picked government, and companies like Halliburton in there, who just happen to be very experienced with building US military installations. What a happy coincidence.

OK, onto some other points...

MightyDrynwhyl said:
yes it was worth kicking his ass out, your talking about a guy who gassed his own ppl

its funny that americans bitch so much about this and about how they hate bush yet most iraqis love bush and are happy we came in there. all of these terrorist attacks and troops coming under fire are 90% from outside iraq
Saddam gassed his own people. OK, but the US government has dosed its own people with LSD, given them syphillis, fed radioactive elements to retarded children, and have tried as they can to ignore veterans' claims regarding Agent Orange and Gulf War Syndrome related illnesses. Britain is also alleged to have conducted chemical warfare experiments on its own soldier, and have been selling chemical weapons technology to some of the most repressive middle east regimes for years.

And where did you read the poll that says that most Iraqis love Bush and are happy that we've bombed them back to the third world and imposed 'economic' sanctions that prohibit the import of such dreaded items as pencils and teddy bears? Of course, now that we have control of the situation... no more sanctions! What a happy coincidence.

Fuþorc said:
I see the Liberation of Iraq as a good thing because Hussein would have only gotten worse. Personally, I think the UN should be disbanded because this situation reminded me of Churchill and the rest of Europe against Hitler. They didn't let Churchill take Hitler out and you seen how that happened.

The problem is, Saddam isn't stupid, and he had no reason to trust the US. He'd been double-crossed by America over the invasion of Kuwait - we more or less told him to go for it, and then... we changed our minds, I guess.

AjDeath said:
@-Gory Elephant-Please do not impose upon me your very limited views about what I stand for, I am not a liberal, in fact I am not a conservative, I refuse to box myself in by being apart of a very out-dated, out-moded belief system that pretends to paint things in black and white, but really blurs all lines and is exactly the same as it's counterparts. Nevr will I be subjugated to rules about the things I believe in, never will I be relegated to the rules of the game. Life is far more important than any political whore trend bullshit. I do not believe the lines that our Gov't feeds us daily- why? Because people lie, they lie all the fucking time, and what's worse, when someone finds out you are gullible, they lie to you all the damn time, human nature is a shitter. I don't trust any but me, because people will fuck you over, they will do it for any reason imaginable, and the most common reason is none- just to do it. Think about that while you try to rationalize political views that do not matter because your government does not care.
You rule!

Part of the reason nothing is changing for the better in the US is that we've divided into two teams - Liberals and Conservatives. Fuck that. I'm an agnostic bisexual who's opposed to gun control, where the hell am I supposed to fit in with their 'us v. them' mentality?

All you Bush haters are funny. Thinking we should have left Saddam in power? Let's just see what they both liked to do with their free time:

What does Bush like to do with free time? Run and work on his ranch, raising his girls to be little cute partiers who asked the Secret Service to buy them beer once... oooh... how horrible...

Yet...

Saddam liked to bring his kids to torture sessions and was responsible for putting his own citizens into mass graves for not believing what he thought they should believe.

Wow, how wonderful you condemn Bush, yet condone or ignore Saddam.

Bush isn't a Saint, but Saddam surely was a sadistic muderer.

You can banter your political beliefs however you want on this board, mainly due to the sacrifices AMERICA made for your respective countries at one time or another, and you can refuse to acknowledge that. If it weren't for us FIFTY YEARS AGO, roughly half of the habitable land mass on our stinking little planet would be flying a Swastika or a Rising Sun right now. :p

Anyways, the internet was created by Americans, enjoy your Freedom of Speech. :p

...And I still believe the Chemical and Biological Weapons will be found. I doubt the you will find Nuclear Weapons but only Yellow Cake which Saddam was going to refine when the sanctions on his country would have been lifted.

AjDeath said:
I seriously do not see how you can compare Saddam and Hitler- it actually disgusts me.

First of all-Neville Campbell or whatever his fucking name is, is responsible for the appeasement of Hitler, sure, hindsight is 20-20, but in the end Hitler wanted more and they all knew it. Chamberlain had his own problems when he took over as Prime Minister, namely keeping his country from being conquered.

This time around with Saddam, WE were the aggressors- We initiated war-WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR INNOCENT DEATH. Not the other way around, and all of this based on the pretext of lies, DO NOT SAY THIS WASN'T ABOUT WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. It was exactly about that, Why did Bush say we wanted to invade-WMD. Why did he push this war through-WMD. What did he present to the UN as "proof"-WMD. And this war was to prevent what? An attack by WMD's that Saddam supposedly had kicking around. This is hardly appeasement BTW.

So, now we have won this psuedo war and what do we lack-WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. The aura of fear that the Gov't and media present to the American people is dispicable. Why is violent crime so high in the U.S? We are all scared shitless and being scared for so long about phantom threats tends to make poeple really fucking jumpy.

Hey, wipe the foam off the corner of your mouth there, Hanoi Jane, and save your breath. To most people on this board, you are little more than a belly-aching youngster (and an arrogant one at that, with all your talk of being a [gasp] musician, who is "different" than everyone else, and your dismissal of anyone who does not share your ultra-negative views as sub-human sheep) who will someday realize that no matter what faults this country has, it is still a pretty damn good place to live. If you do plan to move on, please let us know when you find a government that does NOT lie to its people (oughtta hear from you in a couple thousand years).

chemicalburn said:
Liberal media. HA!

Hey, chemicalburn, what's up? Surely you are not denying that the mainstream media has a liberal slant? If so, please do yourself the favor of running to the nearest bookstore and purchasing a copy of "Bias", by Bernard Goldberg.

BTW, it is only a matter of time until they DO find WMD in Iraq. I suspect when that happens, though, we will not hear too many "Gee, I was wrong" around here.

What do you think, chemical?

Shannow said:
xenophobe, you forgot the one and only reason that Iraq was invaded was WMD.

The one and only reason.

No, that wasn't the only reason. And even as late as a few years back, in 1999, President Clinton SAID there were Chemical and Biological weapons there. At least we sent in ground troops and are trying to eliminate the problem. All Clinton ever did was send a few dozen cruise missles at them every few weeks. :p

xenophobe said:
No, that wasn't the only reason. And even as late as a few years back, in 1999, President Clinton SAID there were Chemical and Biological weapons there. At least we sent in ground troops and are trying to eliminate the problem. All Clinton ever did was send a few dozen cruise missles at them every few weeks. :p

The most hilarious thing about that whole Clinton thing was didn't he launch that largest missile strike literally the day before his impeachment hearings were going to begin?

Actually, even funnier than that is re-reading all the quotes from democratic leaders at that time (albright, daschle, etc...) gushing about Clinton's strong move, and how Saddam finally will be told that he can no longer spit in the world's eye, etc., etc., Now the same hypocrites are CRUCIFYING Bush, who actually had the strength and firmness of conviction to actually DO something about it.

LOL- how old do you think I am Elephant? The difference between you and me is that I actually care about seeing a difference made in this world, whereas you uphold the status quo. Chasing the American ignus fatuus that our gov't willingly throws in our faces, what does this country have to offer? Racism, ignorance, divisionary diversity, and pride to a fualt. What has this gov't done? Well, we freed the slaves about a century too late, and since then all we have is years and years of failed social programs, not too metion years and years of disregard of our founding document-the Constitution, it is totally disregarded and seen as outmoded and dated, the ideals set forth in the constitution are the hight of mans hope for humanity, but our gov't continoes to rape our rights in the name of protection. You are pretty niave to believe that the system is working and making things better for humans, we are a source of income to our gov't, cattle. I can attest to this every time I work a 60 hour week and get 2/3 of my paycheck taken from me. I WORKED FOR THE FUCKING MONEY!

To live in self imposed ignorance must be a nice cozy feeling-kudos. :wave:

And if this seems kind of an abrupt ending to this post, I have to go buy the new Arch Enemy, later