YOUR opinion of America & it's people

is it ok if i go back on-topic?

something that surprises me about my fellow americans is how many working class people in this country have been fooled into believing in the republican agenda. they cannot see that the social-democratic has their best interests in mind -- they are fooled into believing a myth of "bleeding-heart liberalism" that will coddle the "lazy" poor, and fail to see how things like national health care and broader social services would help everyone. probably most americans are not comfortable or lazy. the working and middle classes in america work as hard or harder than their european counterparts, but our government takes care of these people less in terms of national programs for healthcare and standards for labor, etc. as a recent college grad with few career prospects i recognize how hard its going to be for me to support myself with any kind of comfort and decency. right now, living with mom forever sounds alright to me.

I think we live in world manipulated by MONEY!
Now, war is for petrol, Gold,...
Do you REALLY think that Bush will try to make war to Iraq if those were great tomatoes producers???? I don't think so...
Watch out ladies and gentlemen, you're surrounded by thieves, liars & hypocrites... :erk:

My opinion on America and its people :

I'd love to visit that country , there seems to be many places worth the trip !!!! many different lanscapes, different cities and cultures ...
Its people ? Some good, soom bad ... same in France,Israel,Palestine,Irak,Rwanda,Vietnam,Venezuela,Turkmenistan and lower Poitoukistan ( only talking of Ploukistan district, others are bloody sanguinary bastards that rape dogs and eat their own children )

:zzz:

Originally posted by cedarbreed
...( only talking of Ploukistan district, others are bloody sanguinary bastards that rape dogs and eat their own children )

:zzz:
that reminds me of someone:lol:

Originally posted by Mariner
Excuse me, but if there is one country that stands out in technology and medical treatments, its belgium. No bullshit! I'm dead serious.

it may be true.but Belgium is also good at keeping foreign criminals=killers in the country even though it's demanded to let go of them to their own countries to be punished.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by pagan2002

fuck you mankind.

who is mankind?is it sth personal?

i dunno about the people in the us,but bush sucks hard as it is told before,and the majority voted for him,which makes me doubt about the americans a bit.
that freaking thing about death sentence is still in my mind.and why having other laws when you move to a different state?thats TERRORISM.
''hell the dollar price is too low,and we got loads of guns!lets start a war and spend them so we can buy more!and then the dollar price will be up again!":mad:

The American people got the president they deserved. If they were interested in anything, they would have gone out and vote.
Instead of resolving their internal problems (healthcare, education, the fact you can buy guns everwhere,..) , we got a war sick dummy that threatens world peace.

and tell me why they have voted a bill to invade the Netherlands if Americans were ever brought before the war tribunal?

what about the netherlands/america/invasion?i didnt get a single word out of this line.

mariner was prob talking about health achievements...and the technology to make 11% alc.beer.

Originally posted by Ivo
nah, linux is also weak and unstable - sometimes really pisses me off!!:lol:

The point and the idea of linux is that if you get problems with it you can change the programming code and publish it. If you can't do that and complain about the "instability" of it then it's really better you go back to Billy ;)

What I don't like about the USA is the morality. On one side they try to keep their kids in this so called "nice world" but on the other side they don't realize that with that behaviour they make the kids kill themselves and the people around them. It's totaly inresponsible to give a child a gun!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: I would NEVER allow a gun in my house! It brings only problems and "protection" is only an excuse. But of course, it's all Marilyn Manson's fault... *yawn*
Some (too many) american politicians think that they are "the mother of the world" and that they have to take care about the peace. What happens is exactly the opposite: they create war. If so many Americans are agains Bush and his war how the hell did he got president??
The USA are one of the two or three states who didn't sign the Kyoto contract. :mad: Sure it would cost a few dollars to take care about the environment but maybe it would be better to save the money they spend for weapons and at least to try to save a bit of this nature we still have. But of course the big car is important for your self esteem and your neighbours bring you more respect :puke:
Yeah, freedon of the press rules!!! :headbang: especially when there's so much censorship :p
No, I have never been in the USA but there's one big reason for that: I would really be affraid to do something which is normal for me (Europe) and to end up in the prison for the rest of my life. Going to court is as normal as taking a piss every morning you get up.. :lol:
Still I give my best to separate between the politicians (and in general the stuff I hear in the news) and the people. A friend of mine is from the USA and he's a very nice person so I still hope that there are more of those kind there ;)

lets not forget that if it was'nt for the evil yanks all you white-flag-waving-rifle-dropping-no fight-putting-up-against-the-nazis continentals would be speaking german and goosestepping to work every morning :lol:

*salutes stars and stripes with tear in eye* :)

This talk of guns is America is amusing, to a degree.

I'm a 31 year old American & have never even HELD a gun, let-alone owned one. In fact, I do not know of a single person whom does.
I think that there's a clear misconception concerning guns in America. The vast majority of gun owners, more likely than not, are Southerners. America is, geographically speaking, a big place. And with that great size comes differentiation in different geographical "zones". For example, the American Northeast (New York, Massachusettes, Maryland, Maine, New jersey, Pennsylvania, etc) is much more liberal & democratic than the conservative, god-fearing South (home of Bush's biggest supporters). The South is where guns rule supreme & where new ideas are non-existant. If I were a European wishing to travel to the U.S., I'd avoid the South at all costs.
The West coast (California, Nevada, etc), for the most part, is more free-thinking as well.

Originally posted by Bambi
lets not forget that if it was'nt for the evil yanks all you white-flag-waving-rifle-dropping-no fight-putting-up-against-the-nazis continentals would be speaking german and goosestepping to work every morning :lol:

that goes for you too,laser monk!at that time they were asked for help,and there was a serious opponent.now they put their noses everywhere.
and i think bush is having FUN of it:mad:

Originally posted by the_good_son141
that goes for you too,laser monk!at that time they were asked for help,and there was a serious opponent.now they put their noses everywhere.
and i think bush is having FUN of it:mad:

America's involvement in WWII had more to do with simply being "asked for help". America knew that, eventually, it would have to join. Being a democratic state and having fear of nondemocratic states is what ultimately forced America in. Hitler was, in reality, one very poor decision (deciding to invade Russsia) away from taking control of all of Western Europe. Had he succeeded in that, the tide of the War would have (or could have) been much different.

It's the same ethic which prompts America to, as you say, "put it's nose everywhere".
And believe me, most American citizens are tired of the goverment always attempting to help unfriendly regimes & ingrateful peoples - the '93 fiasco in Mogadishu is a prime example.

the laser monkey recognises surrender monkeys when it sees them :p

we were neutral in the war, so we never got invaded,
hitler did'nt want to own us. :)

and I bet the kuwaitis thought saddam was a serious opponent :lol::p

Originally posted by Bambi

I don't live in Germany and do speak German.. See, no use of the USA :p :lol::lol::lol::lol: ;)

Originally posted by SoundMaster
Being a democratic state and having fear of nondemocratic states is what ultimately forced America in.

then lets go to sweden or denmark and kill their kings!its not that simple,a mass invasion took place and everyone was to be conquered by two countries.thats a reason.

@bambi:i think you could be the desert,speaking in hypothesis!and neutral is gay!:)