If Americans are as stupid as you say...

Allan said:
Yeah, jumping on a dude from behind and slamming his head against the ice is quite manly
hockey = padded up puffs

webLisbellaw-v-Carrickmore8.jpg
http://www.teamtalkmag.com/2002/hur...ld semi-final/webLisbellaw-v-Carrickmore8.jpg

Allan said:
Yeah, jumping on a dude from behind and slamming his head against the ice is quite manly

yes they practice it since then the whole world loved that move otherwise they wouldn't have talked about it so long. (btw it was almost an accident but no one cares about that, there was blood and anger and hate on the ice and somebody brought in this big cross let's crucify somebody or at least go e-postal)

We don't have a hurling scars thread yet!

Once I almost killed one of the boys in my primary school class by hitting his head with a chair. I'm still ashamed.

coldwave said:
(btw it was almost an accident but no one cares about that,

Almost an accident? You must be blind and a Canucks fan, he was stalking him for 30 seconds, waited till he had him totally blind-sided, jumped on his back and drove his head into the ice. Accident my ass, I still get mad just thinking about it, Bertuzzi should be in prison getting mass-raped by large black dudes. On top of that, Bertuzzi is twice the size of Moore, still had to blind-side him. And then some people actually claimed Nikolishin caused the injury by trying to get Bertuzzi off Moore, when he was still pounding him in spite of Moore being unconscious and lying in a pool of blood. Ugliest thing I ever saw in sports.

Allan said:
Almost an accident? You must be blind and a Canucks fan, he was stalking him for 30 seconds, waited till he had him totally blind-sided, jumped on his back and drove his head into the ice. Accident my ass, I still get mad just thinking about it, Bertuzzi should be in prison getting mass-raped by large black dudes. On top of that, Bertuzzi is twice the size of Moore, still had to blind-side him. And then some people actually claimed Nikolishin caused the injury by trying to get Bertuzzi off Moore, when he was still pounding him in spite of Moore being unconscious and lying in a pool of blood. Ugliest thing I ever saw in sports.

im not blind but indeed a Canucks fan, and not wanting to start another war on it, may i suggest you to check the video again especially the part where Bert stumbles into his stick on the ice and therefore fall on the back of Moore?

I've seen it many times, oh so since he stumbled on his stick he had to put his arm to the back of Moore's neck and drive it into the ice and continuously pound him after wards, not bothering to get off him when seeing the blood and him being unconscious, even forgetting that, the initial hit alone was bad enough. Even your own announcers saw this.

Allan said:
fall on the back, you must be stupid, he jumped on top of him

anyway, i don't think that he wanted to brake his neck. he wanted to fight Moore who didn't face anybody who wanted to revenge his previous dirty hit on Canucks C Naslund, and poor Steve didn't accept the challenge and the match was 9-2 to Colorado, so with anger and thirst for revenge Bert tried to catch him.
and yes, without that stick things would have been different. Moore probably would have felt to the ice, but Bert wouldn't have jumped/fallen on him seeing an unconscious man. (SM became unconscious because of the suckerpunch, that's true.)

He wanted to fight him so he waited till Moore looked the other way and THEN jumped him. Forgetting that, expecting a dude giving a foot in height and some 30 pounds in weight to fight you? Plus as far as I remember, Moore had already fought Matt Cooke that game, and the game was as 9-2, why the hell should he fight again? And forgetting that, does that in any way justify or even explain anything?

2908606_200X150.jpg

2004-03-10-betuzzi-inside.jpg

1bertuzzi.jpg

0311GNO3IF1M1_columns_1.jpg

160_ap_moore_20040309.jpg

0309canucks2.jpg

but he felt bad
bertuzzicries.jpg
Moore hasn't even recovered to be able to speak publically yet, 9-10 months later.

you are distorting facts or u r under-informed: Moore faced the press after x weeks after the incident.
the first pic is too small and so you can hardly see the stick he stepped on.

_that_ fight was not a real fight it was almost over before it began. and the whole thing was enlarged by previous vendetta-like announcements by Canucks players (he will pay for it, we'll get him, etc.) and also, the nhl atmosphere became such bad (because of certain rules the league refuses to change) that it was only a matter of time when sg similar would happen.

i don't state that Bert is totally innocent. what i state is that he only wanted to beat Moore in a hockey-fight, but the initiation of this was bad and the outcome became a nightmare for him and esp. for Moore. and there were a lot of factors that led to this nightmare, it's not just black and white, and you can't paint Bert as a black figure.

There's a difference between talking to the press and speaking publically.

You're defending the undefendable, you still haven't told me why he waited till the second Moore turned his back at him before hitting him, why he drove his head into the ice and why he kept pounding him though he was unconscious and never moved after the initial punch. I simply can't get my head around anyone defending what Bertuzzi did, it's unreal. I mean a nightmare for Bertuzzi? He damn well isn't the one dealing with post-concussion syndromes and who know what else almost a year later. His worst problem is the European Ice Hockey Federation won't let him play in Europe, he should be happy he's no in jail.

It was in no way an accident, it was a planned attack (you using previous vendetta-like announcements by Canucks players as an excse for it happening? what the hell, it just makes it worse), look at the film, Bertuzzi shadowed Moore for 20-30 seconds before the attack waiting for him to be totally blind-sided, showing no interest in the puck the full 30 seconds, then hit him knocking him unconscious, then jumped on his back (how can his foot getting stuck in his stick cause that?) putting his hand/arm to the neck of Moore and driving his head into the ice, then continued to hit him afterwards. Have you heard any non-Canuck player defend him? Do you deny that evcen many Canuck fans and the team announcers felt sick about it?

Sure the NHL has some problems it hasn't dealed with concerning violent play, but what Bertuzzi did was vicious, murderous and cowardly, no connection at all with those league issues. If you'd done the same on the street in Denmark, you'd be facing 10 years at least in jail. Attempted murder, nothing less.

Now I'm done arguing wih you, your blindness is unreal and unforgivale even, argh. Plus it pisses me off.

I'm distorting facts! You're the one claiming he accidentally fell a feet up ointo the air and down on Moore's neck, accidentally putting his hands to the back of his neck and driving it full forse in to the ice, then I guess the momentum caused him to pound on a few more times, poor dude, there, ruined his hockey career. ARGH

Allan said:
Now I'm done arguing wih you, your blindness is unreal and unforgivale even, argh. Plus it pisses me off.

I could have said the same. I won't try to convince you, I'm simply not interested in convincing a five letter nick with my eight letter nick; we don't know each other, we won't know each other, so there's really no point in anything that would be considered as a sequel of the last x posts.

As it is 1:30 CET, I'm off to my bed. Good night.

America sucks....why?
crap pop, ashlee simpson, hilary duff, terrible metal........everything here is cliche.

i wish i could move to finland.

^
you do realise we've just had two seasons of popstars and I bet the second season of finnish idols is just a matter of time? crap 'metal' is what finland is known for atleast to some extent, and that osborne twat (no, not the old geezer) made it to top-40 (dunno exactly) with her horrendous madonna-cover and the rest of the new wave of these fake rock-idol gals are not unknow here either. just yesterday the finn version of the apprentice started and most of the headlines are made by either women who nobody knows why they're famous for, or ex-skijumper who cannot control his alcohol consumption.

it is not far from what you just described, mate.