Bush is close to winning.

What does that say about America?

The end is coming sooner than you think, methinks.
Who's 'next'? Iran? The people who voted for Cowboy will reap what they've sown when there's another attack on their soil.

Shall we boycott American goods as a small gesture of our disgust? No more McDonalds and Coca-Cola for you!
But then, I never ate that shite to begin with.

It's such a shame, because things didn't HAVE to have turned out this way.

I feel so sorry for the millions of Americans who had the sense to vote for the opposition.

american foreign policy doesnt change from president to president.. (ok maybe the intensity of it changes a little)

democrat jfk sent the first troops to vietnam, democrat clinton bombed sudan, afghanistan and iraq. if there was a poll in europe today those two names would be on top of the list of people's most favourite american presidents.

do you think kerry being chosen as president would change a thing in the middle east or the rest of the world? probably the only thing it would have an affect on would be tax cuts for rich americans. thats all.

if I was american I would vote for nader. actually, if i was american i would probably denounce american citizenship and move to europe.

I just don't get how so many people favor the Christian Right Wing?????? :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Don't people watch the news in America????

(Besides Fox)

Apparently there were votes in the machines before the polls were even open. I knew something shady was going to happen there again. I'm very pissed that Bush won. I voted for John Kerry-and so did thousands of other Pennsylvanians apparently because he won our state in the electoral college. Take note that the states he won were like, California, New York, New Jersey, and many other coastal/northern states. Bush won the sheepfucker inbred states in the south. Well, I can kiss privacy and reproductive rights goodbye; as well as many other things. These are very scary times.

it's a sad day for america, and the world. shows you how messed up people really are here. no one cares that the rest of the world hates us. the man messes up, and what do we do? re-elect him, of course! this is one of those times i wish i could leave! :erk:

Cenk said:
american foreign policy doesnt change from president to president.. (ok maybe the intensity of it changes a little)

democrat jfk sent the first troops to vietnam, democrat clinton bombed sudan, afghanistan and iraq. if there was a poll in europe today those two names would be on top of the list of people's most favourite american presidents.

do you think kerry being chosen as president would change a thing in the middle east or the rest of the world? probably the only thing it would have an affect on would be tax cuts for rich americans. thats all.

if I was american I would vote for nader. actually, if i was american i would probably denounce american citizenship and move to europe.

I agree with the first part. American foreign policy for the past fifty years which has been aimed at spreading the American empire, does not really change from Democrat to Republican. But, as they say we'll pick the "lesser of two evil"

In regards to, "actually, if i was american i would probably denounce american citizenship and move to europe." Are you refering to Europe being a nicer country, or are you putting in context of politics?

If its in the context of politics, I would like to respond.

Do you think that if any european country, or the E.U. were the hegemon and sole super power that anything would be different? They would be doing the same exact thing as America, which is to spread the empire. Dont you forget that governments of European countries, such as the UK and Italy are best buddies with USA. I think some get so caught up condemning the US(Me included) that we forgot the atrocities of European countries. They are not any better than the US in promoting moral values in their policies. Let me just name a few "moral" acts of Europeans in the past 100 years;

Genocide of Armenians by the Turks.
Nazi Genocides.
Russian/Soviet Union purges.
British imperialism, ask the Irish and the Indians.
The French in Algeria, and the rest of Africa.
Italy in Ethiopia, Libya.
Genocide of Albanians in the former Yugoslavia.

The list goes on...

Anyone that thinks that the world would be any different if any other country was the super power is an absolute fool. Also, anyone who singles out the US as the only terrorist government led by a terrorist administration, is also a fool. They all are, and unless there is substantial change, which I dont expect to see within my life time, it will always be the case. It's either change, or one day it will be absolute armageddon, when the very weapons we created to "protect" us will destroy us.

The truth being that the very system is flawed and immoral. I would have picked Kerry over Bush, and it is a sad day in American history that 3 million and a half more people(as of now) voted for Bush other than Kerry. The propaganda machine has worked, and its going to be four long more years...

"Terrorism is the use, oor threat, of action which violent, damaging or intimidate the public for the purpose of advancing a political, religious, or ideological cause"-US Army manual

world war three is between the neo-conservatives in power in amerca (and israel) and radical islamists who want these cunts off the planet so we can worship allah and that.

its coming down and there isn't much we can do to stop it.

so in fact, as i said in 9/11/2001... the war is evil against evil... not good against evil like they would have us believe. neither one deserves to win. i just wonder if i will live to see 50? maybe i will..

the US government has done a really good job of stupefying the american people. a good portion of them are so fucking stupid its untrue..

I'd like to offer my comments to this discussion.

I'm an American living in New York and I voted for Kerry. The majority of New Yorkers (and the surrounding states, New Jersey, Vermont, Connecticut, etc) voted for the Democratic party (Kerry).
On the left coast, the states voted for Kerry (California, Washington, Oregon). The majority of the nation, however, voted for Bush. Sadly.

There's a tremendous 'cultural gap' in America, at this time.
There really are two totally different mindsets that prevail:

1) a progressive, "Euro fashioned" ideal. These folks see that the errors of civilization's past (ie: the Europe of old) can be easily avoided. This mindset favors strict separation of church and state. People with this mindset actually take the time to read & educate themselves about the world (and life, in general) and do not stop at the worthless "mass market" educations that most Americans receive. This mindset doesNOT feel that America "is infallible" or is a "utopia", and that the world should kiss it's ass. This mindset belongs to what many call "liberalism".

2) a regressive ideal. These are the folks that vote for Bush. These are the people that truly believe that America is "divinely inspired" and that the world - particularly Europe - should kiss our ass. These people ignorantly believe that they are the most intelligent in the world. These are the people who WANT church and state to be one (no joke!), to ban abortion, etc, ad nauseum. And these are the folks that take all of the neo-conservative's mass-media propaganda machines rants as fact. Bush supporters actually believe (because they're told to) that American media is predominately "liberally biased". Nothing can be farther from the truth.

I know this is an over-simplification, but it mirrors reality here. America is in great danger at this time. And not from al Qaeda. The danger is from within. It's a deep, dark 'blindness' to reality & the macchinations of the world. Heck, most Bush supporters don't even know that Afghans aren't Arabs. In their limited world view, "they're all the same". Most Americans don't even know that Islam recognizes Jesus as an actual historic being, and that 'allah' simply means - and refers to - the God of Christianity and Judaism.
And, most disturbing, is that most American really believe that the war in Iraq was/is fought for America's protection and the liberation of Iraqis. These fools conveniently fail to recognize the fact that Iraq's oil reserve is second only to the Kingdom of Saud.

I'm actually getting really pissed off just typing this......it's so.....frustrating to realize that we're surrounded by ignorance.

pagan2002 said:
so in fact, as i said in 9/11/2001... the war is evil against evil... not good against evil like they would have us believe. neither one deserves to win. i just wonder if i will live to see 50? maybe i will..
when you'll be 50 i'll be..... ooo fuck! :lol:

pagan2002 said:
world war three is between the neo-conservatives in power in amerca (and israel) and radical islamists who want these cunts off the planet so we can worship allah and that.

its coming down and there isn't much we can do to stop it.
it will start with the death of Arafat - this will cause a civil war in Palestine - Israel will soon become a party in the conflict (naturally) - the USA will (of course) support Israel - this will (naturally) piss off the radical islamists - terrorist attacks will follow - this will cause the USA to invade Iran - etcetera.....towards chaos

yeah and there's not much we can do about it, right?!

just live our tiny lifes as good as we can and enjoy every day as if it were the last one.