this pic sums up my views on Christianity

monoxide_child

New Metal Member
Jul 30, 2008
bib.jpg

Very true.

And it's the book that forgot about the dinosaurs. :p

well, supposedly the universe is only "6 days" older than "Adam" so then according to the geneology charts in genisis numbers and 1st corinthians, the "earth" didn't exist untill after the date that "scientists" say the dinosaurs became extint, according to "young earth creationism" the laviathan and behemoth mentioned in old testament are dinosaurs that walked side by side with pre-Jesus humans

It's just a set of different Afro-Asiatic stories from the region it was written in and historical events related to the religion. People need to stop looking at Genesis as an end-all-be-all. Genesis comes from an older story and leaves out an important character: Lilith. Not that it's really important, since it is not history but merely stories people made up to explain things, but Adam and Eve's troubles from the forbidden fruit were just adaptations of the city of Ur drying out from too much farming.

It's a collection of myths mixed with history like any other and is only preserved due to Western adoption and Western dominance. Well, also the period in a child's life when their beliefs are formed rather easily without logic.

Devasya Chāyā;9488434 said:
Well, also the period in a child's life when their beliefs are formed rather easily without logic.

are you refering to when mothers take their newborns to church with them???
i consider that brainwashing

are you refering to when mothers take their newborns to church with them???
i consider that brainwashing

How about mothers who sit their children down infront of the television and let them listen to the rants of Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow?

Why is that any different?

I do not support any religions but from what i have seen most "aggressive athiests" are deviants who want everyone in society to accept their unnatural lifestyles.

I don't see anything deviant about wanting to rid the world of religion without violence... explain yourself

for fuck sake, why doesn't everyone (religious and atheists alike) stop playing heroes trying to make a better world with/without religion.
Why does everyone gives a lot of fuck about the world as if you're gonna live forever, live your life to its fullest and stop arguing about religious shits, cause this is sooooo fucking useless, if it brought any good, it would have done so 100 years ago !
Everyone believes in whatever they want and problem solved. You have no right to tell me how to raise my fucking kid, and I have no right to interfer with you either.

You're all faggots. Except hexwind. He's ok. That picture is stupid. If you're an Atheist you're as bad as a Christian because you're still trying to make everything your way and you think you know everything. Same product, different label.

If religious groups like Christianity would just keep their beliefs to themselves there wouldn't be so many problems. But, for too long (and contrary to what their bible preaches)Christians have been judging others and telling people how to live their lives. And it's not only ridiculous but sickening that religious groups still possess such power and influence in today's world. Wasn't it just recently that yet, another metal concert was shut down? And for what reason, can anyone justify that to me? And that is only a simple example of the countless examples of absolute bullshit that exists today regarding the matter.

I think people should indeed keep their religion/beliefs to themselves but when it affects peoples' rights and freedoms, people have to stand up for themselves. Homosexuals, for example, do not have the same rights largely because of religious groups and their influence. The fact that anyone would fight to deny people such rights, freedoms etc. is absolutely disgusting.

If religious groups like Christianity would just keep their beliefs to themselves there wouldn't be so many problems. But, for too long (and contrary to what their bible preaches)Christians have been judging others and telling people how to live their lives. And it's not only ridiculous but sickening that religious groups still possess such power and influence in today's world. Wasn't it just recently that yet, another metal concert was shut down? And for what reason, can anyone justify that to me? And that is only a simple example of the countless examples of absolute bullshit that exists today regarding the matter.

I think people should indeed keep their religion/beliefs to themselves but when it affects peoples' rights and freedoms, people have to stand up for themselves. Homosexuals, for example, do not have the same rights largely because of religious groups and their influence. The fact that anyone would fight to deny people such rights, freedoms etc. is absolutely disgusting.

What about gay pride parades? Not exactly "keeping it to themselves".

+1 haha

Atheists, Christians, Jews, Muslims etc have almost the same intentions I guess. Some have the "tools" and the power to put those intentions in practice, some others don't. Like, if atheists had as much power as KKK, or as Taliban, or the Zionists, they would def do the same shit such people people are doing !
The church burning is a small example of that.
I think this is the same in any other subject, I guess it's in our nature, we fight for what we desire and believe in. But religion has taken this in a bigger level, because it's a subject that means more to us whether we have a religion or not.

P.S Pardon my English.

Anyone can look at any parade or act of protest and consider it to be intrusive. But often, as with gay parades, there's a significance to them and so they certainly don't exist without purpose. The fact that these parades still offend people says something, and really, makes them all the more relevant.