this pic sums up my views on Christianity

Anyone can look at any parade or act of protest and consider it to be intrusive. But often, as with gay parades, there's a significance to them and so they certainly don't exist without purpose. The fact that these parades still offend people says something, and really, makes them all the more relevant.

how is a "parade" offensive?
not trying to be stupid, i'm actually asking
what is the mindset of someone that's "offended" by a parade?

Nihilism is the only religion/ideology/philosophy worth following.

Anyone agree with me?

No.

I would also like to add to the subject of anti-christianity. Why is that most atheist-kids oppose christianity and back up their atheistic arguments with "Bible isn't historically accurate", or "Bible stories are illogical"-stuff. That's not the fucking point, religions are about BELIEVING, MORALS and GUIDELINES. Holy Books are not historybooks. I myself oppose christianity and most other religions for totally different reasons.

And as for the gay-parades, they are protests against gay-persecution, not to turn people to fags.

Here's mine:

1. If God is absolute, Satan is deliberate. Worship both.

2. All religions are means to describing the indescribable. Thus all religions are the same idea, just varied in method.

3. Religion provides a long-term context and goal to existence, and therefore is positive, even if we cannot prove it is true.

4. In a relative universe where perceptions influence reality, believing in religion may have an influence on whether or not it is true.

5. Most of us fear Christianity for its underlying liberal-individualist ethics, which are insane, not for its spiritual aspects.

6. Dualism only makes sense in a Platonic context where the secondary world is integrated with the primary.

7. I love sodomy.

HTH

Those religious text teach subservience to the master God. But whom other then man tells others of the existence of God. People believing in such stuff are plain and simply gullible. Unfortunately for those of us with higher cognitive functions allowing us to reasonably decided upon our own values without the need of a daddy figure laying down the laws.
The whole construction of the religious/cult system is evil because it preys on so many of the basic human needs.

They prey on:
Your need to belong in a group and they make it a family by being father/sister/brother

Your need to understand the world you live in. They feed you blanket lies to fill the gaps, the old "god did it".

Emotionally abuse you to the point that your beliefs create a strong reaction within the individual when others tell them what they believe doesn't add up. Invoking images and feelings of being tortured and burn for eternity in a pit of fire and then telling you all the things that will take you there. To me its reminiscent of the controlling child friend who says "If you don't do what I want, I won't be your friend." but obviously much more traumatizing.

And the doublespeak of the priest/preacher/pastor etc is the worst part of the whole deal. The people who created religion realized that while telling stories you could actually speak as a character and have some of those characteristics become a part of you. The the Priest using double speak is really saying that he is GOD your Father and these are the rules

How about mothers who sit their children down infront of the television and let them listen to the rants of Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow?

Why is that any different?

I do not support any religions but from what i have seen most "aggressive athiests" are deviants who want everyone in society to accept their unnatural lifestyles.

:popcorn:

The stupidity really is interesting.

for fuck sake, why doesn't everyone (religious and atheists alike) stop playing heroes trying to make a better world with/without religion.
Why does everyone gives a lot of fuck about the world as if you're gonna live forever, live your life to its fullest and stop arguing about religious shits, cause this is sooooo fucking useless, if it brought any good, it would have done so 100 years ago !
Everyone believes in whatever they want and problem solved. You have no right to tell me how to raise my fucking kid, and I have no right to interfer with you either.

Hells to the yeah!

i agree with most people about religion....it is complete horse shit. but i do believe in god, a universal one. i mean a god that just wants us to be good people to each other and the world we live..not caring if we believe in him or not. i think that if god exists (i say that becuz i cannot prove he exists) he is ashamed of fanatic people going at each other for made up stories,crazy facts and stupid ideals. i just believe that humanity owes itself to hold for what is right, keeping lives safe and doing the best for the people of the world and the world it self with out judging what u are.. a gay,Jew,christian,Muslim or atheist.

love, peace and metal :D

I agree with being the member of a religion, as long as it makes you feel secure and gives you hope. Any true religion's values should be peace and brotherly love. I for one, am not a Creationist, and no religion works for me. I just cannot believe in the existence of God, unless you refer to evolution not as a chain of events but as a higher power...

after talking about religion on several other threads, i thought is might be create interesting discussion if everyone just re-read this one

How about mothers who sit their children down infront of the television and let them listen to the rants of Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow?

Why is that any different?

I do not support any religions but from what i have seen most "aggressive athiests" are deviants who want everyone in society to accept their unnatural lifestyles.

You sound like a fucking Republican.
Also, how is atheism an "unnatural lifestyle"?
Go fuck yourself

That's a too cool pic.
This video sums my thoughts on the subject

Last edited by a moderator:
i do believe in god, a universal one. i mean a god that just wants us to be good people to each other and the world we live..not caring if we believe in him or not.

This is called Deism. I get the concept, but why would this god care if we're good to each other or not? And what standard would "good" be defined by, if this god/creator is indifferent to us?

This is called Deism. I get the concept, but why would this god care if we're good to each other or not? And what standard would "good" be defined by, if this god/creator is indifferent to us?

Jasin is pretty right on.

If you have a God that wants you to be "good", then he has to at communicate to you what "good" is. That would require a revelation of some kind. Speaking for myself, I wouldn't consider that Deism. This being said, Deism is diverse and sometimes subjective.

i thought "deism" was believing that God doesn't give a rat's ass about humanity (tell me if i'm getting this mixed up with something else)

jesus2.png