This place is on fire.......

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
This place is very active but mostly with Americans waiting to see TM at PPV. I am one of them and I think activity is a great thing, but I also think we are drifting a little too far away from the subject matter on some of the posts. I am not a moderator, nor am I trying to sound like someone who is "important" here, but I just feel like maybe our posts are not including fans from other countries (like Sweden where TM is from for example) very well.
I have the opinion that off-topic posts is one of the best ways to keep a forum alive and active, but when the off-topic posts start isolating the members in the forum, then that is not good. Don't take that the wrong way..... if I am complaining to anyone it is to myself. My mind works in a way that is not normal. If one of my dogs farts loud while I am talking about Tad Morose, I might post that..... I simply can't help it, but I think we also need to include some Tad Morose with the off-topic stuff.
I don't want to sound like I am complaining as I am the main instigator here, I just don't want the non-US and more specifically the non-PPUSA V fans to feel left out. Hey... if Europe had "real" football I might even like to live there. :loco:

Bryant

Oh dear me... I can't help but wonder what you would have thought of us at the old Savatage board, lol. This is NOTHING compared to the off-topic goofiness we used to have there! (both in numbers and in just plain sillyness)
biglaugha.gif

(Oh my were we a silly bunch!)

But if you fear we are getting off topic, here's a new one.

Wouldn't it be terrible to be a character IN the Anubis video? I mean I can image a very strange "battle for the priest" about to be going on. I don't mean with godly fists though... I mean with wierd visions and the like. Things could get very interesting around there for awhile, lol.
smilies1.gif

Bryant said:
This place is very active but mostly with Americans waiting to see TM at PPV. I am one of them and I think activity is a great thing, but I also think we are drifting a little too far away from the subject matter on some of the posts. I am not a moderator, nor am I trying to sound like someone who is "important" here, but I just feel like maybe our posts are not including fans from other countries (like Sweden where TM is from for example) very well.
I have the opinion that off-topic posts is one of the best ways to keep a forum alive and active, but when the off-topic posts start isolating the members in the forum, then that is not good. Don't take that the wrong way..... if I am complaining to anyone it is to myself. My mind works in a way that is not normal. If one of my dogs farts loud while I am talking about Tad Morose, I might post that..... I simply can't help it, but I think we also need to include some Tad Morose with the off-topic stuff.
I don't want to sound like I am complaining as I am the main instigator here, I just don't want the non-US and more specifically the non-PPUSA V fans to feel left out. Hey... if Europe had "real" football I might even like to live there. :loco:

Bryant

Actually Bryant, I -being from Europe- very well see your point....but I don't really think it's much of a problem (except that I easily loose the overall view on posts, hehe).
I personally don't see a point in taking an all too active part in discussion related to US dates/tours etc.....but I will definitely appreciate a detailed review of TM's appearance at PP5.
I don't feel isolated and neither should anyone else - everybody is welcome to open a thread close to their heart or dig up one of the old ones :)
I'm quite happy this board got so much activity lately......for we had a hard time keeping two threads active before you all showed up here \m/

Gaunerin said:
I'm quite happy this board got so much activity lately......for we had a hard time keeping two threads active before you all showed up here \m/
Ha ha ha maybe I shouldn't have made this post because this place died out pretty quick. I am sure it is temporary though. I am going out of town though and won't have net access until Monday so I won't be around for a few days. Keep this place going while I am away. :headbang:

Bryant

WIntersReflection said:
Well... perhaps its time for some life support, pass me the cables Jim!

:zap, zap, zap!:

IT'S ALIVEEEEEEEE!
biggerGrin.gif

Hehehehe (just watched Frakenstien, can you tell?
ezpi_wink1.gif
)

Ha ha ha classic movie there. One of my childhood heroes was Dr. Frankenstein.
I have returned btw.... I was up in Northern Alabama visiting relatives. It's a dry county as well (yes we have those in the South) ad I have been beerless for three weeks (well three days anyway.) I had some waiting in the fridge for my arrival back home though..... aagghhh :D

Bryant

Oh Me !! This place is dead !!! What is it those religious people say ? Bryant giveth and Bryant taketh away ? :loco: Ha ha ha I am just joking, I actually feel bad because this place died about the same time I made this original post. Waaahh !!! o_O

Come back everyone !!! :wave: :wave: :wave: We miss you !!!:yell: :yell: :yell:

Bryant

It ain't dead, everyone just stepped out for a drink!
wink.gif
Didn't ya guys... guys?!
wink.gif
blabla.gif

The religious people say a lot of things... mainly the religious people in my family tell me to stop listening to metal... (I'm apparently the evil member of the family
rolleyes1.gif
) One of my cousins is running for a small office in town... and you'll never guess who she keeps telling me to stop listening too... DIO... she thinks Dio is eviiiilll, and I think she's ridiculous. So she gets a double dose of the cold stare, and I walk away from the punchbowl.
aha1blue.gif

Bryant said:
Oh Me !! This place is dead !!! What is it those religious people say ? Bryant giveth and Bryant taketh away ? :loco: Ha ha ha I am just joking, I actually feel bad because this place died about the same time I made this original post. Waaahh !!! o_O

Come back everyone !!! :wave: :wave: :wave: We miss you !!!:yell: :yell: :yell:

Bryant

WIntersReflection said:
One of my cousins is running for a small office in town... and you'll never guess who she keeps telling me to stop listening too... DIO... she thinks Dio is eviiiilll, and I think she's ridiculous. So she gets a double dose of the cold stare, and I walk away from the punchbowl.
aha1blue.gif
Next time you're waiting in line for the punchbowl at one of her events, sing out at the top of your lungs, "Am I evil or divine? I'M THE LAST IN LINE!!" :heh:

Not only will you then be first to the punch, but your cousin will know where your vote stands. :D

:Smokin:

WIntersReflection said:
It ain't dead, everyone just stepped out for a drink!
wink.gif
Didn't ya guys... guys?!
wink.gif
blabla.gif

The religious people say a lot of things... mainly the religious people in my family tell me to stop listening to metal... (I'm apparently the evil member of the family
rolleyes1.gif
) One of my cousins is running for a small office in town... and you'll never guess who she keeps telling me to stop listening too... DIO... she thinks Dio is eviiiilll, and I think she's ridiculous. So she gets a double dose of the cold stare, and I walk away from the punchbowl.
aha1blue.gif

Ha ha ha ha I can't see how anyone would think you are "evil." You are such a sweetie.......it shows who the "real" evil people are, I suppose.

Bryant

Lol, Rakosh, you tempteth me!
mdr26.gif

That'd be hilarious... and I'd be the 2nd person ever kicked out of one of our family reunions, actually that sounds tempting I hate those parties
laugh2.gif

:clears throat: "We're the ship without the storm, we're the cold inside the warm. We're the laugh without the tear, we're the far without the near. We're the last in line, we're the last in line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :Gets tossed out of the reunion:
wink2.gif

Rakosh said:
Next time you're waiting in line for the punchbowl at one of her events, sing out at the top of your lungs, "Am I evil or divine? I'M THE LAST IN LINE!!" :heh:

Not only will you then be first to the punch, but your cousin will know where your vote stands. :D

WIntersReflection said:
Aww shucks Bryant... YOU RULE!
coolgleamA.gif
biggthumpup.gif
wrefresed.gif

magsmile.gif

Well if the truth be known, I am neither flirting, nor "trying to be nice" though I do ok at either one. You are a dear person and you and I seemed to "click" even when I first thought you were a guy. :ill: I always look forward to your posts here and your family is sadly mistaken about the type of person you are. I think your cousin could learn a lot from you and the others in your community if they opened their eyes and hearts.

Bryant

:blush, blush:
bigsmile.gif

Bryant said:
Well if the truth be known, I am neither flirting, nor "trying to be nice" though I do ok at either one. You are a dear person and you and I seemed to "click" even when I first thought you were a guy. :ill: I always look forward to your posts here and your family is sadly mistaken about the type of person you are. I think your cousin could learn a lot from you and the others in your community if they opened their eyes and hearts.

Bryant

Gaunerin said:
Actually Bryant, I -being from Europe- very well see your point....but I don't really think it's much of a problem (except that I easily loose the overall view on posts, hehe).
I personally don't see a point in taking an all too active part in discussion related to US dates/tours etc.....but I will definitely appreciate a detailed review of TM's appearance at PP5.
I don't feel isolated and neither should anyone else - everybody is welcome to open a thread close to their heart or dig up one of the old ones :)
I would appreciate a detailed review, too. :)
and I don't feel left out, I might don't post much but I do read and can understand that the fans of the US are excited about the upcoming event. I'm awas am when I'm able to see my fave bands :)

WIntersReflection said:
:blush, blush:
bigsmile.gif

Ha ha ha didn't mean to embarrass you dear. I simply have a small gift and it is the blessing/curse of being a very passionate person. When I meet someone I really like, I let them know. :headbang: I feel the same way about Fang and Carnut, but I don't flirt with them in the small way by calling them "dear" and "sweetie." Being fem I guess you get that :Spin:

Bryant

If you called me or Carnut "sweetie", we would start to ask ourselves questions about you :D
Still, Winters is a real sweetie, no doubt. (no I'm not flirting either ahah)

Hey Bryant, guess what---this thread wandered off topic, too! :loco: I guess this is what happens when you get a bunch of ADD-types together in one place.:D

But, you know what? There's more activity again!

hmmm...I wonder what Urban thinks of all this wandering conversation on "their" board?

Hahahaha! Yeah...your thread drove my "spamming ability" away Bryant :p

Nah, it seems like everybody was away or busy (like in my case) and it so happened that you posted at said time...funny how things work out. I do agree that we should stay somewhat on topic and try to include the fans from other areas of the dome (world) but we are all a nice bunch (at least I think so...errr) and well if they want to interact there is plenty of subjectmatter besides our raving over PP :)