Bryant wipes away the tear building in his eye

Bryant said:
Would you prefer natural, flash, incandescent, flourescent, sodium vapor, or metal halide for the next picture of my ass ?

Bryant :D

Mercury vapor. Make sure it's nice and close to your ass. :hotjump:

Wheezer said:
Mercury vapor. Make sure it's nice and close to your ass. :hotjump:

Hmmm..... sounds a little warm :yell: I screwed up the other day (true story.) I was doing some minor spot welding at work. I was just going to tack in a few places and close my eyes before striking the arc as opposed to wearing a hood. I was smart enough to wear safety glasses, but the few spot welds became more and more and it was a bigger job than I had anticipated. An hour later, I noticed my face was red except where the safety glasses were atr on my face (though they are clear, they do have some reflective properties of UV and intense light.) I looked like a racoon for about three days and now my face is peeling. :yuk:

Bryant

Bryant said:
Hmmm..... sounds a little warm :yell: I screwed up the other day (true story.) I was doing some minor spot welding at work. I was just going to tack in a few places and close my eyes before striking the arc as opposed to wearing a hood. I was smart enough to wear safety glasses, but the few spot welds became more and more and it was a bigger job than I had anticipated. An hour later, I noticed my face was red except where the safety glasses were atr on my face (though they are clear, they do have some reflective properties of UV and intense light.) I looked like a racoon for about three days and now my face is peeling. :yuk:

Bryant

Dude! Don't be doing that kind of thing. My Dad burned his eyes once and was out of action for an entire week. You don't want to mess with your vision over something as silly as a welding hood, do you?

Aww, careful now Bryant, you only get one face! :OMG:

Bryant said:

Bryant

Wheezer said:
Dude! Don't be doing that kind of thing. My Dad burned his eyes once and was out of action for an entire week. You don't want to mess with your vision over something as silly as a welding hood, do you?

I am familiar with "flashburn." I had a mild case of it once, though it wasn't due to lack of using PPE (personal protective equipment.) It's actually quite normal for a welder to do very small spot welds by placing the rod, wire or electrode (depending on the type of welding in my case wire) right at the spot, squitning your eyes then making the weld as long as it is just a few small welds. Unfortunately, I am a perfectionist and did maybe 20 welds as opposed to say 5 on each (two) of the brackets I was welding. The eyes were protected (with the squint,) but the face not. :err: Either way, it was stupid though.

Bryant