This scene needs to get bigger

this whole fucking metal got to get fucking bigger, more shows, have to be played to all ages of audiences. We must a metal community work together to do this. So this means we may have to play shows with non metal bands to get new fans so why don't we. I f just stick to the confines of the metal crowd we surely be missing out on much more oppurtunity than what we have. It's also up to those other hardcore punk bands to open there minds and understand this. We can all help each other. So spread the word around about shows with metal bands and get some reactions on the go people. thanks for your time

I don't agree with playing with mixed styles. It will result in bullshit. They have their scene and the metal scene can have theirs. You dont see the celtic bands playing with metal bands or punk bands, so why should metal bands play with hardcore bands? It's the same thing in my books. If people are into hardcore music, then more power to them. If they like metal and hardcore - well they can goto the gigs of both bands easily.

The nfld metal is scene is not big enough to be select with just metal bands? So how's that gonna work! There's like what 5 metal bands on the go today in the city. You can't be having the same bands playing shows, thats why there's very few metal shows. That's why i encourage playing with other bands. I don't like the music, but I like the idea of getting the music across to a wider audience. Being Narrow minded and strictly metal as for playing shows is ridiculous here in St.john's.

hey it sucks that 1134, rapid burial, and fireign are all gone. they all rocked. there should be more people starting up metal bands. playing with non-metal bands is not a problem. every one just needs to keep an open mind for it to work.

A wide audience is better than a very small one. A small one could eventually get bored with a genre. With a wide crowd at least people have a new opportunity to hear different stuff and walk away a fan.

Personally I don't want to sit through a bunch of hardcore bands or punk bands to see a metal band. If I wanted to see a punk band I would go to a punk show. The scenes are not the same at all. Yes some people do go to shows in both scenes but I think that mixing the 2 would not work.

I agree that the metal scene needs to get bigger and I know of at least one band and maybe more that are getting together but are not at the show level yet. There are maybe the odd bands out there in another scene that could fit on a metal show and vice versa but for the most partI don't think so and probably wouldn't even bother going to a show with other types of bands.