this thing called john mayer

i haven't listened to him. it's odd to hear such dissenting opinions about his playing ability. reminds me of dave matthews in that respect- i recall many people saying he was a great guitarist, and then some saying he's horrible- although i haven't really listened enough to make a thorough opinion, i think DM is a decently original guitarist in the way he plays.

i may need correcting though.

There's one of his singles I really like. Not Your Body is a Wonderland but it has a line something like "No such thing as blah blha blha"

John Mayer only exists because Dave Mathews is getting fatter and more unattractive as the years go by so the music industry needed to find a suitable replacement for gay college kids, just in case Dave dies of alcohol poisoning in the near future.

btw I had to move out of the US to get into Dave Mathews...I couldn't stand even seeing him as I always associated his music with everyone I every hated in high school and college.

But now that I live in Belgrade where like nobody likes him or listens to him....I've totally been getting into his stuff...especially that live album....

his drummer is the phat diggity bomb.

azal said:
John Mayer only exists because Dave Mathews is getting fatter and more unattractive as the years go by so the music industry needed to find a suitable replacement for gay college kids, just in case Dave dies of alcohol poisoning in the near future.
No, that would be O.A.R.

xfer said:
he's from Connecticut, in Fairfield County (richland).
Correction: richassholeland
He went the same HS as me, so I have to deal with all the hometown pride :)Puke: )... although I really want to hear the "unflattering song" he wrote about one of the deans there...

"Once my frat threw this keg party...and the dean stopped it and made me (my rich parents) pay a huge fine....fuck that asshole.

But thanks to him...I now know what pain and suffering feels like...feelings I can now use in writing this emotional rock music of mine."

42412.jpg