Controversial non-metal opinions

I enjoy some Robbie Williams songs.

Eminem is a great rapper !

Free Jazz is an insult to musical expression :puke: ! (Even amateur goregrind makes more musical sense)

Bluegrass is way too underrated :heh: !

It hurts but I have to agree ! It pretty much boring as hell, except for a few songs here and there !

I think Free Jazz and Amateur Goregrind just make the same lack of musical sense. :)

Two people listening to metal music should make good friends.

But cause of fuckers who just l i s t e n to metal, it ain't so.

Katy Perry is the best pop artist right now, Teenage Dream is a masterpiece of pop music.

With generic tracks like this I find it impossible to agree with you. I also find it pathetic that they would pick something like this for a single, it's easily the most mind numbing and emotionally stagnant thing I've ever heard from her and not to mention completely forgettable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate Black Sabbath. I find them dreadfully dull. (well, at least any of the early Ozzy era. Haven't yet looked into the Dio era, but I do love Dio's solo stuff)

I love Taylor Swift.

I hate most classic rock. I know it's technically good and enjoyable to most people, but it doesn't pass the "Do I like listening to it?" test.

And walnuts in cookies. Hate.

Nickelback are a good Hard Rock band.

Being "Corporate" is not necessarily a bad thing.

80s rock is more fun to listen to than 70s rock.

To all those artists who've disowned the stuff they did in the 80s - if you hadn't modernised your sound to fit in you would have vanished without trace and you know it. Sounding like you stepped through a wormhole from 1975 might be cool today but in 1982 it was the kiss of death.

It is possible for me to recognise that you have talent and still think your music sucks goat balls.

Well a lot of people I know think Nirvana suck, but I really like them. Yes, Smells Like Teen Spirit is very overrated, I think anyone can agree on that but the other songs are never ever usually heard of. So I guess it only goes down to opinion whether you like them or not.

For some odd reason i've been on this john cougar thing esp. his music from the 70's and early 80's. I didn't know he had several albums out in the 70's and the song I Need A Lover was a top ten hit in Aussieland. Totally forgot about songs like This Time and I Aint Even Done With The Night. Too bad he's pretty much a douchebag now. I just picked up some Echo And The Bunnymen as well that silly audi commercial indulged in my interests in them.

People are more fimiliar with him, so what? theres a reason for it. Take Yngwie, far more dexterity skilled than Eddie, also very important for what he brought to the table, easily out "shredded" by many today, but how many are really fimiliar with his music ? For the most part the guy cant write a song to save his ass. He's had fleeting moments of glory in that department but he can tear up a guitar neck... over... and over... and over... and over... and over... again. So its all a matter of perception and understanding why value is placed. Page is another, nearly laughable today, but he was the shit in the early 70's. Elvis stole the hearts of a generation, had a great voice, did it with a bunch of basically cheezy love ballades, good looks and odd hip action so what? He's still Elvis, still important, still delivered something to the table.

I don't agree with your assessment of Yngwie, I think is a underrated songwriter, Trilogy, Odyssey, Eclipse, Facing The Animal featured really good songwriting

I'm really vibing the Black Keys lately. I mean, I have over 1,000 songs on my SD card, and I usually listen on random.

Man, idk, but theres just something about hearing "Ten Cent Pistol" or "Run Right Back" or "Lonely Boy" starting to play after "Devoured by Vermin" or "Bible Basher".....

Then again, I'm nuts, so yeah....

- Mariah Carey is all technique and no soul, her music is boring as hell.
- Queen sucks and they made annoying music.
- The Beatles, never saw what the hype is about.