Official Poll: Controversial Opinions on Metal

Should the thread remain locked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
dictionary.com said:
The use of conversate has soared since 2000, mostly in speech and in written records of speech. The term is a back formation from conversation,created by dropping the suffix -ion, and adding -e, to produce a verb form.
Since it has essentially the same meaning as the more common and frequently used verb converse, the term conversate has been condemned in some circles as an unnecessary nonword. And, because the term occurs mostly among Blacks and Latinos, some discussions have become heated and impassioned, turning the word into a badge (both positive and negative) of a person’s class and education.
Conversate reminds us that discussions about modern English must take into account the different types of English spoken in our diverse culture, rather than fixating on “correct” formal usage. When all is said and done, however, the term broadly remains nonstandard English.

Reactions: Satanstoenail
@The Ozzman exposed himself as a bourgeois grammar-nazi. :D

For certain words and phrases at least. I let most of it slide these days.

yeah but for some reason a lot of his posts come out looking like he just hit the crack pipe before typing it up

I'm an alcoholic. How do you know I haven't turned to crack for my fix?

Typical alt-lite tbh. White trash supremacy.

Stop listening to (((them)))

Reactions: CiG
How do you know I haven't turned to crack for my fix?
tumblr_nqfwikJoMX1upxwm8o1_r1_400.gif

I haven't been following whatever happened in that thread, but I trust MetalAges and think he gives us a ton of leeway on this forum. If he thinks it should be closed, then people should just get over it instead of making threads crying about it.

I haven't been following whatever happened in that thread, but I trust MetalAges and think he gives us a ton of leeway on this forum. If he thinks it should be closed, then people should just get over it instead of making threads crying about it.

tumblr_oxin2cUkYn1sdqajoo1_400.gif

Last edited:

#velvetcacoonfan #highart #onlyplebsreadthreads

You also apparently didn't read this topic if you think that it was made by someone who was crying about Deron locking a thread. Not that anyone is surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.