Controversial non-metal opinions

I believe Pink Floyd and Rush are even. Some of Pink Floyd dominates Rush, some of Rush dominates Pink Floyd. These are my two favourite prog rock bands.
I do like Yes, I've only got a couple of albums.
I do believe that Yes - Tales of the Topographic Ocean is one of the greatest prog pieces ever, even though it's running time is like a fucking year (lol)that's what I love about progressive music.
My favourite Prog album is Kaipa - In The Wake of Evolution.
Everyone on other forums having been bashing on me for that, fuck you.
If you're a fan of Symphonic Prog and Folk. GET THAT ALBUM, IT IS FUCKING AMAZING. You will not regret it.
cover_15111322010.jpg

On the controversial side.
I actually don't want to stab myself when I hear Katy Perry. I don't hate her music and she's hot... Win?

So much Beatles hate on this forum. The Kinks were fucking awesome and they probably started the very core of punk rock as well as having amazing catchy pop, but The Beatles were better.

So much Beatles hate on this forum. The Kinks were fucking awesome and they probably started the very core of punk rock as well as having amazing catchy pop, but The Beatles were better.

beatles were better why? the pre disco bee gees were writing songs similar in style to what the beatles were doing, the hooks are better, the singing is better, the harmonies are better and the oldest bee gee was about 21 when the first international album was recorded in late 1966 while lennon and ringo were both closing in on 30 so you had younger gys writing songs structures more complex than the beatles.

also ray davies was just a genius. he did by himself what it took lennon/mccartney together to do

Show me something by the Bee Gees that's better than Eleanor Rigby, Yer Blues, Helter Skelter, I'm Only Sleeping, Taxman, Come Together, Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey, Strawberry Fields Forever, etc.

Show me something by the Bee Gees that's better than Eleanor Rigby, Yer Blues, Helter Skelter, I'm Only Sleeping, Taxman, Come Together, Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey, Strawberry Fields Forever, etc.

go listen to the bee gees albums up until 1970:
bee gess 1st
horizontal
idea
odessa

not to mention their singing blows away the beatles

The Bee Gees' hystrionic falsetto singing is better than complex, multi-part vocal harmonies that feature actual dynamic singing? Interesting...

The Bee Gees' hystrionic falsetto singing is better than complex, multi-part vocal harmonies that feature actual dynamic singing? Interesting...

see usual ignorant comment. barry gibb did not do that high falsetto singing until the band went disco in the mid 70's. before that robin gibb did most of the lead vocals with barry, still singing in his regular tenor, doing about 4-5 songs per album. maurice did a few lead vocals prior to 1975 and a few after 1980. of course there are also the songs where robin, maurice and barry or a combination of those 3 all sang lead during the songs.

go find the songs:
massachusetts
close another door
every christian lion hearted man will show you
i've gotta get a message to you

its just 3 guys singing and it sounds like an army

I enjoy some Robbie Williams songs.

Eminem is a great rapper !

Free Jazz is an insult to musical expression :puke: ! (Even amateur goregrind makes more musical sense)

Bluegrass is way too underrated :heh: !

Most classic rock is shit.

It hurts but I have to agree ! It pretty much boring as hell, except for a few songs here and there !