This Thread Is Dedicated To 2007

Krilons Resa

Jerry's married?!
Nov 7, 2002
Inside dorian's gym bag.
...Nearly 3 months in and I haven't heard anything that good....UNTIL TODAY.

A friend of mine sent me a copy of a promo of the latest Voodooshock album, Maries Sisters Garden. Kicks all kinds of ass! I like their self-titled album, but it isn't something great or anything. This, however, shows extreme growth and maturity. If I didn;t know any better beforehand, I would have sworn either Victor Griffin or Wino were playing guitar for this band. Amazing, soulful, thick, heavy-ass tone, inspiring riffs all over the place. Its got that Victor Griffin, heavy as fuck but still soulful and smooth as silk tone to it. I believe that a couple songs from the new album is available on their myspace page and Exile On Mainstream myspace page.

47l4ff8.jpg

Release dates:
Germany: March 9th, 2007
UK/Europe: April 9th, 2007
US: TBA

Besides that....their are a few albums Im obviously looking forward to like Neurosis, While Heaven Wept, Pale Divine, and Iron Man...amongst others.

...Nearly 3 months in and I haven't heard anything that amazing....UNTIL TODAY.

o774728.jpg

That is all.

edit: Maries Sisters Garden looks cool, I'll check it out.

My favorite so far this year has been the new kroda, Fimbulvinter. Followed closely by the new Vital Remains, which might just be a little Providence bias. Looking forward to the new Graveland and Manegarm.

New Lunar Aurora for me, but I'm sure Neurosis and Elend will rule.

I'll have to check out this Voodooshock.

If I didn;t know any better beforehand, I would have sworn either Victor Griffin or Wino were playing guitar for this band. Amazing, soulful, thick, heavy-ass tone, inspiring riffs all over the place. Its got that Victor Griffin, heavy as fuck but still soulful and smooth as silk tone to it.

:yow::OMG:

Intriguing description on Voodooshock, i have to get this. Best so far is the new THH for me.

Shit, I forgot about The Hidden Hand. Yeah, that would be the best so far this year, until I heard this here Voodooshock.

IoTS, you should be all over this. I know you're a big fan of Place of Skulls, Wino, and Griffin era Pentagram...so you'll love this.

Ok, I hear some of the Griffin comparison, but this is nowhere as intense as his playing... so far.

Sounds good, but not as monumental as I was expecting.

Actually, I think 2007 is off to a stong start.

Moonsorrow - V: Havitetty
Novembers Doom - The Novella Reservoir
Pink Cream 69 - In10sity
Redemption - The Origins of Ruin

With a new Symphony X, Iced Earth, Circus Maximus and Balance of Power on the horizon, 2007 promises to be very strong.

Zod

Well, I dont know what to tell ya homie. lol

edit: which one did you hear?

The one on the band's myspace. It is a little too upbeat for my doom tastes also. We'll see. I'll spin it again. I like the vox on the s/t better too.

And you know what? In January I thought 2007 was lookin to be a pretty good year, but now I forget all the shitz that made me think that. Damn you marijauna :zombie:

I'm apt to laugh at everyone on RC's suggestions, but this VoodooShock band catches my attention *strokes beard*